The Watch Site banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
31,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
31,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't see any staining from battery leakage, The movement is very clean (crappy picture) I'll look into the coil advice. :)

· Registered
31,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Look closer :). Right behind where the negative contact (is it even there?) comes out from the circuit- showing as bluish staining. Your insulator also shows signs of being eaten by corrosion.
Noah, You are Correct, I am disassembling the movement now and there is evidence of battery leakage...More to come :)

· Registered
31,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
While the replacement cost of these movements is such that a new movement is the best course of action in most cases, there are technical documents available from Ronda's website that might aid your endeavors: http://www.ronda.ch/en/technical-info/technical-instructions/
Thanks Noah, I agree, A new movement is in order for around $12.00 But the fun in correcting a non-runner is where it is at :) For me at this time anyway !!!!:cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.