The Watch Site banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Update: I opened a Return case on ebay, which he accepted.

Then I get a message on ebay: "The seller can't send a return postage label. Hello xxx, Seller xxxxxxxxxx let us know that they can't buy a return postage label for you to return PRE-USED SEIKO PRESAGE . The seller is responsible for return postage costs, so contact them to arrange return postage."

He asked for my email address, which I gave him, to which he has sent an authentic looking label for a DHL Express Worldwide return. He is based in Italy after all.

Having heard of scams where the seller denies receipt and the refund is refused, should I should insist on an return label within ebay? Or is there some other way I can cover myself?

Thanks, and sorry for embroiling you in this laborious saga!

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Sounds like he is being helpful. Photograph it going into the package and the complete package. Perhaps have a witness or phone video yourself packaging it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Sounds like he is being helpful. Photograph it going into the package and the complete package. Perhaps have a witness or phone video yourself packaging it.
I don't think that will help if I'm not being seen to follow official eBay protocol.

However it could be that for international postage one cannot generate an eBay return label....anyone know?

·
Registered
931 Posts
The whole thing should be processed through PayPal. It can get complicated if both Ebay and PayPal are involved. If the item is claimed, PayPal will check the circumstances and organize the refund. Also, PayPal also refunds the return costs when sending the item back to the seller (at least they do here in Europe). It just has to be documented with photos, receipts, etc. Good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
The whole thing should be processed through PayPal. It can get complicated if both Ebay and PayPal are involved. If the item is claimed, PayPal will check the circumstances and organize the refund. Also, PayPal also refunds the return costs when sending the item back to the seller (at least they do here in Europe). It just has to be documented with photos, receipts, etc. Good luck!
Ok, so, I returned it and although it was convoluted and a bit bumpy (never mind!) I did eventually get my refund.

Had a gander on eBay and guess what.....he is selling it again.

Photos and description exactly as when I bought it. No mention that he is aware of any the issues I raised.

....and he has some others watches too for sale.

I guess some other poor sucker might bite the bullet...

21 - 27 of 27 Posts