The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Are there original style strap keepers (metal or rubber) available seperately for Seiko flat vent z22s? I seem to always snap the keepers on flat vent straps. This just happened on my '04 SKX173, and have the same issue with one of my Arnie's. The straps themselves are fine, just the keepers don't hold up...

I know I can find z22s galore online (real and fake). It would just be a shame to toss perfectly good straps minus the keepers. My apologies if this is in the wrong forum.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Are there original style strap keepers (metal or rubber) available seperately for Seiko flat vent z22s? I seem to always snap the keepers on flat vent straps. This just happened on my '04 SKX173, and have the same issue with one of my Arnie's. The straps themselves are fine, just the keepers don't hold up...

I know I can find z22s galore online (real and fake). It would just be a shame to toss perfectly good straps minus the keepers. My apologies if this is in the wrong forum.
Answer is no. You can use an "O Ring" instead.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
The keeper is usually indicator of the rubber integrity. When the keeper breaks, that means the strap will follow, so it's better to replace the whole strap.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
I use these Citizens Strap Silver metal ones

These come in handy because I had original Seiko GL's,
and the keeper's went down. So I used this for as while on it.
The Silver or the Gold will do it real fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts