The Watch Site banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not like either gold plated watches or Nato straps but have ended up with this combination.

Started out a couple of weeks ago when I 'won' an ebay auction for this watch that was going cheap. Can't resist a cheap watch to do up, also the description did not state what it was and I was guessing it might possibly be a 6602-1990.

When it arrived I found out it was a 7005-2000, the horrible expanding bracelet was duly removed and filed in the bin. The watch itself was in good shape for a gold plated job with minimal loss of plating and not too many scratches. Most importantly apart from a few flecks of dirt that cleaned off the dial and hands are mint. This pleased me because a pet hate of mine is dial and hand damage caused unnecessarily by the previous.

The acrylic initially looked a bit scratched and I planned to buy a replacement from either Stefan or Cousins but it responded to sanding off with 800 and then 2000 grit paper and finishing with Braso.

When received the movement was not working, as described but looked nice and clean so it was stripped, cleaned and oiled. No wear was found only dried oil and dirt, works OK now.

So after cleaning of and removing the remnants of the old owner

Two and a half hours later the 7005-2000 was back together and ready for testing. There were no suitable straps in the drawer for 19mm lugs so the pictured Nato was employed. I had it given to me by precision_tools when I bought my last stainless steel bracelet from them.

I was a little disappointed it fixed up so quickly but I suppose you do not get much entertainment for £11 these days and hopefully I can sell it for a small profit on ebay.

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
hey that looks good just like that...great getting one back going too...

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
+1 on all the High 5's and congratulations.
A classy watch there Mike.
Sorry it didn't put up much of a battle.

I'm thinking that a similar nato to that with gold hardware would be a splendid combination.

Thanks for sharing

Kind Regards

Graham

·
Registered
416 Posts
Not the bigest fan of gold but wow,came out very nice. well done..........

1 - 16 of 16 Posts