The Watch Site banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Suddenly have my heart set on the Monster SRP315 :cool:

I currently have the 2nd Gen Orange Monster (on rubber) and my old faithful SKX007. Both of these are the 'J' versions.

As much as I love my Orange Monster, there is "something" I can't put my finger on about it. Too much orange? Too much silver? Am I too use to the 007 style/colour I've been wearing since the mid 80's?

What I do know is that I'm loving the accuracy of the 4R36 movement! Absolutely unbelievable :eek:hmy:

I also have to have a rubber strap (from my diving days) and I want a bit of black AND orange, so this could be it...

The more I see it the more I want one! It will by third 2nd Gen Monster if I go ahead (my first black one I couldn't see properly at a glance... my aging eyes?!)

Its also available in the Made in Japan variant which is a bonus.

I will sleep on it and make my choice in a few days but also welcome your opinions.

Hopefully 3rd time lucky? :wavetowel2:

·
Registered
513 Posts
Had the same thoughts about my OM. Had it bead blasted. Knocked off that blingy feeling. Wear it all the time now. Looks great.

·
Registered
6,712 Posts
well it looks quite nice....but i do not like the band....with the right band..it would look perfect

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is the same strap as on my current OM. I was surprised how soft and flexible it was compared to the Z22 size I've worn for decades, maybe its due to being 20mm. For me personally the stainless steel straps, although excellent, are a little too heavy as the monster is a heavy beast with that combination. Maybe for formal occasions I would swap the bracelets.

I've listened to Tigers advice about customs and will be using those tips ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the SRP315 and wear it daily. I was concerned about the black bezel looking cheap but it certainly does not. I also own the original black and orange monsters. I wear the SRP315 on several different straps and bracelets. I like the Seiko rubber strap and find it very comfortable despite some of the bad reviews I've read. I also wear it on an original Seiko bracelet and sometimes a Super Engineer bracelet. My favorite combination is a green Zulu strap with pvd.

·
Registered
2 Posts
One of my favorites, I wear it on a Bonetto Cinturini rubber, hardly notice it. Tried it on a heavy super engineer bracelet, too heavy for my tastes.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the responses, I think I'll order one on Thursday :D

newrm76 do you have any photo's/wrist shots?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts