The Watch Site banner

How many of your Japanese timepieces are Seiko vs Citizen ?

• All Seiko

Votes: 23 32.4%
  • Mostly Seiko, some Citizen

Votes: 41 57.7%
  • About 50:50

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Mostly Citizen, some Seiko

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • All Citizen

Votes: 1 1.4%
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Special Member
6,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is the Seiko Citizen Watch Forum after all.

How many of your Japanese timepieces are of each manufacture?

I'm about 25-30 Seikos to just one Citizen at this time. I think I need to concentrate on increasing my Citizen collections.

(I've intentionally left off the Casio and Orient lines because this is the Seiko Citizen Watch Forum)

·
Registered
628 Posts
When I started, my collection was probably 70/30 Seiko/Citizen. Over the years I have found my Citizens to be somewhat more finicky, esp. the 81X0s vs. the 613Xs. Now I'm probably closer to 90/10.

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
Same here, i have around 20 Seiko's and only one Citizen.
Though the Citizen (NY0045) gets a lot more wrist time than many of my Seiko's.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I avoid counting the Seikos in the drawers. I guess I wear seven Seikos, one Citizen, two Orients. And a Ricoh which currently is lost somewhere in the house ... I'm looking for more Ricohs and Citizens, but I tend to find Seikos whenever I browse the internet!

·
Craftsman
3,722 Posts
98% Seiko. 0% citizen. Last thing I need is another brand to collect....lol

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
3 : 1 ?

I think I am about 3 to 1 Seiko to Citizen. :rolleyes:

Mostly because 10 to 20 (to 30) years ago, they both made great watches, but now most of the Citizens are crazy "busy" and over detailed, where Seiko still makes classic (although new) designs. :)

- Thomas

·
Registered
579 Posts
I'm 100% Seiko...(throw in some Casios too). I like the Citizens and am slowly getting tempted but have tried to stay away as that could just be another rat-hole for me to fall into! ;)

Add to that...I like vintage divers and vintage Citizens are really tough to source compared to Seikos IMO...

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I've been a little tempted by nice vintage Citizen 500m and NOS 150m divers, but not enough to pull the trigger.

27 Seiko, 0 Citizen. Second column unlikely to change.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts