The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gang,

I am curious to know about your experiences with the Seiko service center in New Jersey.

Overall, how would you rate them on a 1 to 5 scale.
1=Poor 2=Fair 3=Good 4=Very Good 5=Excellent. :)

Feel free to assign a number value to the questions below:

Do they do good work?
Is the turn-around time reasonable?
Do they charge fairly for their service work?
Do they explain what they do in their service work?

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
3,045 Posts
Hi Gang,

I am curious to know about your experiences with the Seiko service center in New Jersey.

Overall, how would you rate them on a 1 to 5 scale.
1=Poor 2=Fair 3=Good 4=Very Good 5=Excellent. :)

Feel free to assign a number value to the questions below:

Do they do good work?
Is the turn-around time reasonable?
Do they charge fairly for their service work?
Do they explain what they do in their service work?

Thank you!
My experience with them was outstanding. I will have to add that I had only gotten some hard to locate bracelet links from them and had not had any work done by them. They actually provided me with the links at no charge. When they shipped them to me, they told me 3-5 business days, I had the links the next day. That may be because I'm located outside Philly. Nonetheless, I was impressed with their customer service.

Cheers!
Mike

·
Registered
6,201 Posts
My experiences are 5-for-5 good ones. The best example is when I had a new stem and crown installed with a brand new NOS bracelet on a relatively modern but no longer available 7S26 done perfectly. I thought at a reasonable price.

I also source parts from them which I then go and pick up in person as I travel by there frequently on business. Nothing for the vintage models though.

I know another member once said they scratched his case back so maybe there are contrary endorsements.

Overall I think you should try them out yourself.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
My experiences are 5-for-5 good ones. The best example is when I had a new stem and crown installed with a brand new NOS bracelet on a relatively modern but no longer available 7S26 done perfectly. I thought at a reasonable price.

I also source parts from them which I then go and pick up in person as I travel by there frequently on business. Nothing for the vintage models though.

I know another member once said they scratched his case back so maybe there are contrary endorsements.

Overall I think you should try them out yourself.
Hi.

Could you elaborate a bit more on the sourcing parts through them, please?

Let's say, for instance, that I happen to go to them and want to order a complete set of gaskets and a shroud for a SBBN015 (7c46-0AC0) tuna.

Would they be able to source it - being a JDM model - and agree to sell it to me, without sending the watch in for installation of those parts?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts