The Watch Site banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Of course you have to know what time it is. In some situations you have to know. But the second doesn't matter. Where do you need the seconds? Unless you're an athlete and want to know your time from the last run. But you don't do that with a normal wristwatch. When was the last time you wanted to know the exact time? It has nothing to do with where you live, the time is important to be able to orient yourself in a day. But you don't need the second for this orientation. You could also go forward and say you would have to see hundredths and thousandths of a second on a watch. Then you can see the time go by even more. Or doesn't it make you nervous when you watch the time go by while you are watching a Sports event and hope your favorite will make it in a faster time?
I do not agree with what you wrote. In every word

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Are you sure you need a watch? :unsure: ;)
Haha you may be right :p But I want one ;) Isn’t a watch way more than a simple need?

I have received my watches from Botta last week and I have tried them on for a while. It was quite easy to adjust to the 24 hour time reading, but it was way harder (at least for me) with the one-hand model, so I decided on the normal one. I now often feel like the day has more hours, though this hasn’t changed, but as the watch show 24 hours instead of 12 it remembers me, that there is actually a lot of time left. I also like that the watch face is a little darker at the night hours, that helps my orientation.
So thanks a lot for your help and recommendations. It’s such a great community in here :D

·
Banned
0 Posts
Haha you may be right :p But I want one ;) Isn’t a watch way more than a simple need?

I have received my watches from Botta last week and I have tried them on for a while. It was quite easy to adjust to the 24 hour time reading, but it was way harder (at least for me) with the one-hand model, so I decided on the normal one. I now often feel like the day has more hours, though this hasn’t changed, but as the watch show 24 hours instead of 12 it remembers me, that there is actually a lot of time left. I also like that the watch face is a little darker at the night hours, that helps my orientation.
So thanks a lot for your help and recommendations. It’s such a great community in here :D
Let it bring joy.
Finally, watches with "hands" are "better" than those with an electronic display, the human brain is better at registering the passing time and estimating the size of the mines, therefore most clocks in the cockpit of airplanes have hands.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts