The Watch Site banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear so many good things, and am chasing some parts for both FFF and SOXA mods, and wanting to see what he offers.

I've gone back through older threads and the website doesn't seem to be active anymore.

I did find a yahoo email address and also a photobucket account but not sure if this is still active.

So, as at March 2018 - what's the relevant links please?

Ta muchly.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
It's a shame the amount of pop-ups, about makes it unusable.
I don’t understand why he doesn’t create a simple website, templates are available if you’re not savvy. I’ve tried navigating his album/shop before and it’s a pain. But I’ve also seen many people moan about it over the years and nothing changes so I guess you’ve got to deal with it or go elsewhere.

·
Administrator
33,856 Posts
I think most people find it a pita its a shame he can't do one like Jakes, easy to navigate and see prices as well, you would have thought it would be good for his business but he must be doing ok so.................:)

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have seen a few of these custom or watch modification operations and while a website helps, I think if you want anything more specific than what is the most popular and sells the best you would have to contact the person directly. I've heard of several others who offer or can procure extra parts that are not listed on their websites. I think that's part of the watch making/repair/modification life. It would take a long time to catalogue everything. I'm not saying they couldn't do some of it, just that it could also turn into a very big task. They are probably bringing in some business with enough customers already or are content with how things are going without feeling the need to expand their operations that much more.

I do agree however, for someone starting out, or interested in starting out it can present as a barrier or one more hurdle to jump over before getting some work done.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I read an interview with him from two years ago, and he commented that he leads a simple life and keeps his work manageable so he can have quality time with his family. As a man who leads a large family (and a strap business) I can appreciate this. However, I am always amazed at how many products he has. It seems like the better business model would be to have a simple website and not so many dern products.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I read an interview with him from two years ago, and he commented that he leads a simple life and keeps his work manageable so he can have quality time with his family. As a man who leads a large family (and a strap business) I can appreciate this. However, I am always amazed at how many products he has. It seems like the better business model would be to have a simple website and not so many dern products.

My feeling on that would be, if he had a basic web shop setup (probably take him less time than wading through the barrage of emails he must get) he could have it running for him. All he’d have to do is collect up and post the orders at the end of the day. Instead he no doubt has to suffer constant emails from people asking if he has xyz in stock. I think it would simplify life rather than complicate it.

Can you imagine your strap business running from a photobucket account and all your customers asking if they can buy the strap and you having to deal with replying, then no doubt there’d be extra questions, then asking for their address (which they’d no doubt leave details off) back n forth all day. Yet with a form, if they get it wrong they stay until it’s correct while you’re none the wiser until the confirmed order drops.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I agree Unc. I can't imagine how much of a hassle it is to answer the same questions over and over. I get enough email I can barely deal with as it is, and I have most of my info at my website. Maybe it's one of those "can't teach an old dog new tricks" situation. I guess it works for him, but it seems like it creates a lot of unnecessary work!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts