The Watch Site banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A nice surprise for me when I got home from work. A FE-DEX package with my name on it.Even better no customs to pay Phew. Looks 100 times better in the flesh. Sorry for the bad pictures taken on my phone.I just love the way the colour changes in the light.Even better than I thought when buying it,The dial has been redone but to a high standard. :eek:hmy:

Attachments

·
Special Member
6,524 Posts
I have the exact same watch. Mine was NOS when I got it. 1967 first year, too.

Watching the 36000 BPH sweep is a great thing to behold.

The pie pan dial and domed crystal work in concert so beautifully. The case quality is terrific.

Congrats !

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank's all for the nice comments.
Really nice condition. Movement looks like New. How is it running?
The movement is running sweet. The sound re minds me of a push bike rear hub clicking away when you stop peddling. I have not timed it properly but it seems pretty accurate over the last few days.

·
Special Member
6,524 Posts
As i had stated in a prior LM36000 5740-8000 thread, someone once described the ticking of the 36Kbph movement as "a flea with a jackhammer."

Sweet movement, enjoy !

·
Registered
681 Posts
Beautiful watch, I have several Longines Ultrchrons, I just love the smooth sweep of the second hand.

You may well still get stiffed for import duties, I had a crystal come from South America, and the import duties turned up by letter a couple of weeks later.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Beautiful watch, I have several Longines Ultrchrons, I just love the smooth sweep of the second hand.

You may well still get stiffed for import duties, I had a crystal come from South America, and the import duties turned up by letter a couple of weeks later.
I think I may be lucky,the seller description for customs was used watch for repair and a low value $86.
Fingers crossed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts