The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Added this to the stop watch fold recently. Makes me remember being timed in gym class many moons ago.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,036 Posts
that is so cool - very, very nice.

I imagine there are folks who collect nothing but stop watches. A little less practical but still amazing all the same. My favorite type of stop watches are things like these (picture from the inter web). Always loved the rally-centric type:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! These are fun novelties. I've acquired a variety of types including some pretty cool split seconds types. I've got one that measures 100ths of a second. Fun to hold it up to your ear and listen to it wrrrrrrr.

·
Craftsman
1,483 Posts
Love the engraving the back. I can just imagine some track coach holding this piece and timing kids on the track in the 70s and 80s.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Lovely Stopwatch, beautiful condition especially the Heuer sticker on the caseback. I picked up one last July in a antique shop for €40. Unfortunately it doesn't work,crown has resistance when I turn it like it is fully wound but doesn't run when pressed down. Not sure it would be worth the cost to repair,but great piece to have,fantastic quality, couldn't believe the weight of it. Really cool to be able to have a little slice of Heuer history for so little money.

I think it uses a Valjoux 7700 movement,posted it on Calibre 11 form to get more information. Calibre11 Post Link

DSC04824.JPG
DSC04825.JPG
DSC04821.JPG
IMG_20190723_155459.jpg
PZDAKVp.jpg
jsELhha.jpg
Heuer-1970-1971-13.jpg

Also just got back from a trip to Prague,loads of great watch shops,saw a few Heuer Stopwatches,posted more about the trip here,Prague Trip Link

IMG_20200306_092348.jpg

IMG_20200306_092359.jpg
IMG_20200306_092409.jpg

·
Registered
119 Posts
Stopwatches are fun; I've got three Seiko mechanicals now. I use them to time my coffee brew in the morning.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry for late getting back to these posts. The new forum pop-up BS has kept me out for a bit. It seems to be subsiding. Love the pics of the Heuer stop watches from Prague and yours. I think these are simple to have overhauled. I'd do it, if you like the sound and the history. As for the mechanical Seikos, I've love to own some. On eBay they command a price higher than I am willing to spend. Maybe someday?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts