The Watch Site banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

i just finished my recent restauration project. It's a 1973 Yamaha FS1 moped. I rebuild it completely and it's even better then new. Today looking at my Yamaha and then checking the time on my wrist gave me the idea of photographing my 6309. Two japanese beauty's' together... Here are some pics:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Now that is sweet! Didn't even know Yama made mopeds! Excellent work on both accounts!! ;)

·
AqualandKing & Special Member
18,386 Posts
Great pics mate.Those FS1.E yammy bikes had cult status here in the UK.They were known as Fizzy,s and nearly everyone either learned on one or had one here.
Great resto on that one and the Arnie also looks cool.Thanks for the Memories!!! ;)

·
Registered
174 Posts
8) It brings back sweet memories of when i was 16 and was constantly working on my Yamaha DX 4 speed (SAME MODEL) really nice work there and the watch looks great with the bike :) i remember how me and the guys use to trick that 50cc out with bigger cylinders, carburators and the tha final tuch a Proma exhaust, think we where nuts as they ran 100km/h with no problem :D

·
Registered
534 Posts
Swand, they still do those mods here in Japan! haha! amazing ....bigger bore kits, special braided steel lines etc.....but on even smaller midget 50cc bikes! It is easy to buy the 50cc mopeds etc...and insurance is cheap. I am still able to use my Canadian bike license up to 399cc without special testings, though I can ride anything over 1000cc machines...everything is so regulated here!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Fizzy values shot up after the UK restricted mopeds to 30mph top speed, all the boy racers wanted an unrestricted fizzy.

Thats a fantastic restoration.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts