The Watch Site banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Sweet! It's nice to get a watch with history... better than a NOS one that's not lived in my humble. Congratulations :)

·
Registered
9,869 Posts
what a fine send-off gift

Let's hope that the recipient returned from service safely! :victory:

·
Super Moderator
2,059 Posts
I read that date as 4 18 47, 18th April 1947 or have i got that wrong? is the last figure a 1
I cant decipher the bottom line, ive got 5th ech?????.

Intriguing, i would so love to find out the story behind that watch and its owner. I can see why you went for it, apart from the fact that its a very nice piece.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I read that date as 4 18 47, 18th April 1947 or have i got that wrong? is the last figure a 1
I cant decipher the bottom line, ive got 5th ech?????.

Intriguing, i would so love to find out the story behind that watch and its owner. I can see why you went for it, apart from the fact that its a very nice piece.
41847 was Milton's regimental number. The last date is 1941. I am going to see if I can find his service history. I especially want to find out why engraved as 5th echelon as my knowledge of NZ Army history was that there were three echelons. So may have meant to have been a unit designation engraved wrongly. We will see.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Lovely watch Tony. Looks great with the brown leather and it's cool that it's ended up with someone who values it for what it is. Excellent!:)
Craig.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Nice find, ive managed to find a ww2 glycine marked up on the back for the wermacht, still hunting for an original dial as someone has replaced the black glycine dial with an accurist one, either that or I find a 29mm dial with seconds at 6 and produce a transfer from a photo of a glycine dial and use that instead, ive been looking for a dial for 3 years now and havent come across one as of yet

1 - 16 of 16 Posts