The Watch Site banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Special Member
15,588 Posts
A member since 2012 and banned on his/her/they/them first post. epic fail.

·
Special Member
3,574 Posts
Perhaps a highly sophisticated Scammer Sleeper Cell deeply embedded in the community patiently waiting over 9 years to activate.

·
Registered
46 Posts
He's at it again with another response from a WTB.
Too many people fall for this
Unfortunately...
Glws (good luck with scam) lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
He's at it again with another response from a WTB.
Too many people fall for this
Unfortunately...
Glws (good luck with scam) lol
I have proved I do own this beauty by posting the pix I took. You have no proof but keep saying scam scam scam

·
Administrator
33,829 Posts
I have proved I do own this beauty by posting the pix I took. You have no proof but keep saying scam scam scam

While most of our trading post participants are honest and responsible traders, occasionally a bad apple takes advantage of someone. Usually, these questionable trades (often involving high-price, hard-to-find items) are initiated by individuals who only use the trading post, have none or very few posts in the discussions areas, and/or are basically unknown to other participants.
To prevent this, SCWF has implemented the following:

• Trading post users must have contributed at least fifty (50) valid posts on the non-trade portions of the forum (this requirement excludes "me, too" and "I agree" posts intended merely to add to a user's post count) before using SCTP for WTT, FS, or FSOT posts.
    Dealers of accessories, who are in good-standing, will be exempt from this requirement. (New accessories dealers must contact the global moderators in order to establish their special status. This special status; does not indicate any endorsement by SCWF, its moderators, or its administrators, and they must abide by the guidelines of SCTP.)
    Existing members and sellers with more than 50 posts will not be affected.
    WTB posts are also exempt.
The overriding purpose of this new requirement is to prevent "hit-and-run" traders from taking advantage of SCWFs membership. As always, know your trading partners and, if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.
Such a guideline exists on most (if not all) other trading forums of this type. If you have questions, contact the SCTP Moderators via private message.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm very keen on scammers.
Been nailed one time on another watch forum... Never again.
And the tell tale signs are there and I was hoping to keep some poor soul from experiencing a scam if possible.

1. This WTS post was in The main forum, not in a classified section.
*Which goes against the rules. Circumventing the forum selling rules and blatantly.
2. Low post count, but has been in the forum for 11 years. Tells me likely someone hacked a member.
3. he responded originally to a WTB post.
4. More posts in 1 day than in 11 years.
5. Shady language in the ad.

If it quacks like a duck, it's likely a duck.
If it quacks like a duck and I'm wrong, at least hopefully people will have leaned to vet the seller.

·
Special Member
724 Posts
You have proven nothing and your refusal to accept common protocol just reinforces the fraud accusations, comply, post like all of the legitimate sellers and then we say in american english "the proof is in the pudding" if you have the watch it will be self evident. Just do it, post a regular FS post, ESL is no excuse. Let me be frank with you please; if you actually have this watch, this is THE best venue to sell it, hands down, no way to argue. Just sayin.

·
Special Member
3,574 Posts
I would NEVER even consider buying from this person but I do like to have me some fun. I sent the following message to the OP:

Does the watch have the original Scubapro Rubber strap with the Scubarbro Logo on the Strap and Scubapro on the Keeper. Thanks!

and here is his reply:

Sorry, I am afraid the strap is after market, and I think it's not that possible for a rubber strap last over 40 years. please see pix I took
https://ibb.co/kG7J8n0
https://ibb.co/tprpxSL
https://ibb.co/kG7J8n0

Once again good photos but what I find surprising is the strap he shows with the watch is a A Real GL831 (but not an original Scubapro Strap). So why would a Seiko Collector call the strap aftermarket? Any advanced Seiko Collector who owns a rare and desirable Scubapro would know that it is an original strap. Also interesting to note that his earlier photos are date stamped in the corner but the new set of photos is without a date stamp. Different camera? Different software?

So Much Fun!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts