The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I don't even know if the mods will allow such a general WTB posting, but here goes.
Some of you may have seen the posts I made in a recent thread regarding the Tauchmeister dive watch I picked up. It appears my son has decided he'd like that watch. I figure instead of buying another one (because I really don't need two $85 "mushroom" dive watches laying around), I'll look for a used Seiko. Here's the deal, I'm looking for a watch to wear, not show off as a mint $1000 Prospex Tuna. If you have a Tuna/shrouded Seiko dive watch that looks like a shark has been chewing on it, or you crashed your motorcycle and the Tuna took the brunt of the impact, that is the watch I'm looking for. :)

Here are my requirements:

-The watch must be working (or at least was working before the battery died, I'm trusting you not to lie to me on that aspect)
-The shroud must be attached
-The bezel must be attached
-The crown must function as designed and not have the threads stripped out
-The watch must never have been filled with water (this includes while the shark was chewing on it)

So, what have you got to tempt me with? The cheaper the better.

EDIT - I figured I'd toss the Sawtooth and Arnies (H558 and H601) into the mix.

andy b.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: WTB - shrouded Seiko dive watch, in non-mint condition :)

No one has anything well-used and unloved they want to remove from their collection??? Maybe a poor example they want to sell to fund the purchase of a nice example?

andy b.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I thought for sure someone would have a beat-up Tuna to get rid of. I guess even a bad one is a "good" one. :)

andy b.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Figured I'd give another bump. Somewhere the unloved, un-cared-for Tunas must reside.

andy b.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Added the Sawtooth and H558 and H601 to the search list. Are there any other quartz Seiko dive watches with shrouds that I have forgotten?

As mentioned, I'm not looking for a safe queen. :)

andy b.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts