The Watch Site banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a band for this vintage Super Runner, I know it's a long shot, but the original band is so dang cool (see pics, first is of my watch, 2nd is of the band).

I believe the part # is DB06AB based on the 2nd picture and it is a stepped band (goes from 12mm to something closer to 19 or 20mm).

As I said, I know it is a longshot - most of these were probably worn hard by actual runners when they were made about 30 years ago. I am not worried about condition at all since this is only a fun beater...just thought it would be nice to marry with the right band if possible (you have to admit, that original band is 馃敟!

Thank you for looking!!

JR
IG: @my_seiko_obsession

Registered
These are cool watches! Did you ever manage to find a band? I hope I didnt' get your hopes up when you saw a reply, but I can't help even if I'd dearly love to. There's an S640 on YJ right now, but also head only. I'm assuming bands aren't easy to come by.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, nothing. It's a tough one because I believe it has 12mm lugs so the one bands that fit it are small kids or women's bands. I still have the watch - on a vintage tropic that I can barely buckle. I did see one on eBay, but I hate to chase (and pay for) a full watch when I only need the band. Probably will never happen, but sometimes this hobby can surprise you!

Pic below. Thanks for reaching out.

JR
IG: @my_seiko_obsession

Watch Product Finger Rectangle Clock

Registered
I hope that 3D printing will advance soon to get us to the stage of being able to print bands from a 3D-scanned original. I've heard that there are better and better flexible filaments, but the resolution to reproduce debossing with the same sharpness as the original isn't there yet, I think. Besides, I don't know how friendly to the skin the material is, and I know it has to be something that's not silicone rubber because that isn't printable. Oh well鈥

1 - 4 of 4 Posts