The Watch Site banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Administrator
33,756 Posts
Never say never even though I have as far as a SunRise is concerned :) but you just never know what might be just around the next corner, I dident expect to get offered what I did Saturday just gone which is now bought and paid for and all being well will be on my wrist Wednesday.

Basically enjoy the hunt which sometimes can be more full filling than getting the desired piece :)

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
So - did you win it?

·
Administrator
33,756 Posts
But what did you pay for them Jon ? i bet when you sold them you thought you had done very well, no use ever looking back or else we would cry ourselves to sleep every night :)

I regret selling these not because I want to wear one but because it's $5000 worth of watches that I totalled half that in value (a sale and a trade,)
View attachment 480419

·
Special Member
3,179 Posts
From the YJ sale and the few others over the last year I think that $3000 is a reasonable mark to get a 9/10 Sunrise with the right bracelet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Special Member
7,891 Posts
I reckon 301,000 yen is not a lot of money for this watch.

From the YJ sale and the few others over the last year I think that $3000 is a reasonable mark to get a 9/10 Sunrise with the right bracelet.
Do you fellows rate this recent YJ! Sunrise 9 out of 10 condition ? I certainly saw a lot of dial imperfections and the lume is hard to re-lume and not all that well preserved.

I had it at a 7 out of 10 condition on a proper bracelet.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Do you fellows rate this recent YJ! Sunrise 9 out of 10 condition ? I certainly saw a lot of dial imperfections and the lume is hard to re-lume and not all that well preserved.

I had it at a 7 out of 10 condition on a proper bracelet.
There was also mention of possible incorrect hands as well, possibly from a later 6139 variant. Someone was questioning the bracelet as well, possibly AM. That would certainly effect the valuation.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I was a player, but I had some of these same questions—especially about the bracelet. Also, I just wasn’t ready to pay $3k this morning. 🤷‍♂️

There was also mention of possible incorrect hands as well, possibly from a later 6139 variant. Someone was questioning the bracelet as well, possibly AM. That would certainly effect the valuation.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts