The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
At the risk of repeating myself :p ....

Looks like I get to start today's WRUW thread. :unsure: Though perhaps on not such an auspicious note.

This morning, I've been evaluating a couple of the 'lesser' examples of gold-tone 7A38-7260 SA100J in my collection (I have far too many of them). One of them is due for the chop - or a new lease of life, depending how you look at it.

Here's the dial / movement from the second of those well-worn gold-tone 7A38-7260's that I posted yesterday, now transplanted into my recently acquired salesman's sample case.

I seem to have ended up with three of them on the original Seiko tan leather strap:

(Plus a couple more besides). In case anybody's interested, I've written the full story up here:

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Despite having some very nice watches, Seiko and otherwise, this is fast becoming a favourite,

despite costing the exorbitant price of £1.99 and being a Timex...
It arrived like this, looking very sorry for itself.....

Surprisingly for Timex it lives up to the diver's label, having a solid stainless steel case, screw down crown with seal and a screw down back with 'O' ring seal. There is a slight Seiko content as I fitted a modified bezel insert meant for a SKX-0030 mid size diver (I formed the dish in the previously flat insert and reduced the outside diameter by about 1mm to make it fit the bezel, which incidentally uses the same single spring click system as the Rolex sub...)

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
6138-7000 Today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 38 Posts