The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Continuing the 1970's vintage binge . . .

Circa 1977 A.Schild Brain Matic

Powered by a 28.8 kbph AS 5008 automatic alarm, the alarm mainspring also auto-winds. Bracelet isn't original, it's a Watchadoo. Highly unusual as nearly all of these were made by Fortis. A.Schild began marketing their own watches under their own marque shortly before they went under. The brain matic was one of them. The AS 5008 was one of the few movements that ETA didn't acquire with the acquisition of A.Schild. It's my understanding Maurice Lacroix obtained the rights to it. The AS 5008 has found itself in a number of much newer watches under a number of brands as a result. The case is made of an extremely hard metal, almost as hard as the Rado DiaStar's. It doesn't scuff or scratch, although this one has a few very minor dings around its sharp edges.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Late Pogue from 1977 on an AM bracelet that is actually pretty good. Day is set, not the date. This is true of the poster and the watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Continuing the 1970's vintage binge . . .

Circa 1977 A.Schild Brain Matic

Powered by a 28.8 kbph AS 5008 automatic alarm, the alarm mainspring also auto-winds. Bracelet isn't original, it's a Watchadoo. Highly unusual as nearly all of these were made by Fortis. A.Schild began marketing their own watches under their own marque shortly before they went under. The brain matic was one of them. The AS 5008 was one of the few movements that ETA didn't acquire with the acquisition of A.Schild. It's my understanding Maurice Lacroix obtained the rights to it. The AS 5008 has found itself in a number of much newer watches under a number of brands as a result. The case is made of an extremely hard metal, almost as hard as the Rado DiaStar's. It doesn't scuff or scratch, although this one has a few very minor dings around its sharp edges.

View attachment 453715
Great write up. An NOS bunch of these under the Rado branding showed up on our favorite auction site several months ago. I almost picked one up, I really like the retro case shape of these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is my first WRUW post and this is what I have on right now. I wear it about half the time. With a rather small wrist, this mid size diver works great for me. It is a JDM Grey Ghost Starfish. When I acquired it the original capacitor was still in it, but of course it was dead. I replaced it with the new battery cell from SEIKO and it just never stops or double ticks. It is Titanium and StSt - 5M23-7A31 with the original adjustable clasp bracelet. Thanks for sharing your watches.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts