The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Diving deeper into the depths of WISology:

Don't know if we are still doing vintage Thurs with new forums, wearing my "primative" looking Orient Star Retro Camera which also conjures images of "Mad Max" meets "Water World" for me. Probably as a result of 60s and 70s recreational residue!

But, as Luciano commented about Orient "Biker" watch perfection, the intricate design and subtle touches of Orient are truly mechanical works of art expressing ideas left up to your interpretation.

And more aptly, this black and silver beauty goes perfectly with my black Harley T-shirts! Vrrrrooooooooooommmm - now its a motorcycle watch!!!

Imagery by our resident artist, Thian!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Soon to arrive, this 'vintage' Speedmaster X-33, originally owned by USA squadron aviator! The watch was also worn when he became a commercial pilot, flying around the world. An active triathalon enthusiast and WIS, the owner finally relegated the X-33 to his collection....

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AWESOME Thian, now that is the "Real Deal!" Really like these timepieces with background stories!

Lexcalibre....

thianwong said:
Soon to arrive, this 'vintage' Speedmaster X-33, originally owned by USA squadron aviator! The watch was also worn when he became a commercial pilot, flying around the world. An active triathalon enthusiast and WIS, the owner finally relegated the X-33 to his collection....

·
Registered
534 Posts
lexcalibre said:
AWESOME Thian, now that is the "Real Deal!" Really like these timepieces with background stories!

Lexcalibre....
thanks, sir Lex, and I always enjoy your pictorials to the museums! :))

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Had this Hyper aqualand on all day today.Love these things and must get me some more. ;)

Attachments

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Hey Thian thats you being a very lucky guy.I really like that one my friend.Great way to get a watch with some real history also.

thianwong said:

·
Registered
964 Posts
Ok, I start stopping suffering and I'm looking forward for the game against Uruguay on Staurday.
This watch is helping me cheering up:

Cheers,

Axel

·
Registered
557 Posts
While working and wearing my 6306-7000 with a slight change over to a pepsi bezel. Good Thrusday to one and all.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Vintage Thursday?
OK, here is a vintage Seiko 5606-7010 from September 1969, I wore it for a while today:

Cheers,

1 - 20 of 26 Posts