The Watch Site banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,324 Posts
I have the same strap. Found it to be a little stiff . Formed it in a coffee mug then filled with boiling water . Has the perfect curvature for my wrist now
Do you have his Gen. 1 or Gen. 2 strap? supposedly the Gen. 2 are more flexible out of the box. But yes! once they are formed they wear great !

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
That strap is a perfect pairing. very sharp looking ....
Thanks Mike. It's funny you should say that about the strap because only just yesterday I ordered a weathered brown leather one from Barton! The OEM strap is not dissimilar to the one that comes with the Alpinist. In other words, not great but then again, Barton had a good promotion so I took the bait ;)

·
Premium Member
10,324 Posts
I think it might be gen1 overall I’m happy with it .
I actually prefer the Gen. 1 versions over the Gen. 2. Gen. 2 tend to be softer, but more "sticky". Either way, they are a nice strap ....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Always liked those bullheads . I actually just acquired found at my wife’s grandmother’s house . It runs but pushers are crunchy and it’s missing the crown . Any info on how I can get a crown ? Aside from buying a doner.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Always liked those bullheads . I actually just acquired found at my wife’s grandmother’s house . It runs but pushers are crunchy and it’s missing the crown . Any info on how I can get a crown ? Aside from buying a doner. View attachment 453478
You should service that watch. It will give you years of enjoyment.
Regards
JaRe

21 - 39 of 39 Posts