The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Cognoscente (of 15J quartz chronographs)
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the absence of Phil_G (or anybody else), looks like it's up to me to start today's WRUW thread. :unsure:

Wearing this NOS condition black chrome coated 7A38-7140 SAA051J which I've owned for 10 years and more. It doesn't get worn very much. You only have breathe on the matt black finish, for it to start taking a shine. I only got it out this morning just to quickly measure the bracelet for a forum member (of mine), who's recently purchased an example short of adjustment links.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had to take it off to capture its true beauty, and lots of dust !
You wouldn't believe how much time I spent this morning squeezing a dust puffer to get that clean shot of mine. Even after all my huffing and puffing there's still a dead skin flake on the crown. :rolleyes:

·
Special Member
1,948 Posts
I had to take it off to capture its true beauty, and lots of dust
You wouldn't believe how much time I spent this morning squeezing a dust puffer to get that clean shot of mine. Even after all my huffing and puffing there's still a dead skin flake on the crown. :rolleyes:
If you use a smartphone for photos, I recommend the "Snapseed" photo program to everyone
It is easy to use and you can remove any imperfections, e.g. stains, dust etc ...

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wearing this NOS condition black chrome coated 7A38-7140 SAA051J which I've owned for 10 years and more.
Afternoon swap for its somewhat less colourful black chrome sibling- a rather more recent acquisition from August last year: my almost mint condition 7A38-714A SAA049J. And sod the dust puffer ! :p

·
Registered
Seiko Dive Watches, Rolex Submariner
214 Posts
Wearing my Seiko SRP777 (or is it SRPE93 now...). You'll have to take my word for it for now...no cell phones or cameras allowed where I work and I didn't have time to snap a pic before I came in this morning. I'll post the photo evidence later today...Seikos are 20% off again today at the post exchange...give me strength to stay away...There's an SRPD21 begging for me to take it home...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts