The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning sunshine! "Time" has proven once again that in spite of current world economics, job situations, distasteful politics, personal challenges, etc., that goodness and grace of the SCWF WIS will advance. The new site offers so many new opportunities and insight inspiring new members and prior friendships to participate.

Truly another WIS milestone day!

As a hearty morning salutation, wearing my original first and favorite Orient M-Force Ti diver that represents the f-u-n of our horological therapy! Vision by our resident artist, Thian:

·
Registered
547 Posts
Lex, I'll continue to wear this one all day today just to make sure - I think I have it fine tuned, finally. Deviation from atomic time when I turned in last night at 11:45 was -6 seconds. This morning at 8:15AM deviation is -5 seconds. If I extrapolate, I have it now running at about +3 sec/day. Nothing makes me happier than a good running watch!

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
And I hope for a good week ahead, for us all!

I started today with the Everest Joker. By the way, here is the basic history of the watch, as posted by Kelly M. Rayburn on the SCWF, back in 2005.

October 2 2005 at 3:08 PM:
A few years back I purchased what I thought was an authentic Omega Seamaster 300. Turns out I didn't do my homework. It was a fake. There were some genuine Omega parts in it, the 552 movement (probably a resurrected movement from a lesser expensive model Omega) and the crystal, but everything else was made by who knows. I did replace the crown with a genuine Omega part because it fit perfectly. I didn't want to sell it to anyone else under the circumstances so I decided to send it to Kent Parks for a custom dial. I called it the Joker for no other reason except that it wasn't a real Omega (it was a joke, if you will). Kent had a great idea about how to incorporate numerals at 3,6 and 9 and still keep that Seamaster 300 look, but one in which no one could mistake it for a real Omega. I asked him to keep the new lume vintage yellow and perhaps place a little joker image on the dial. Kent did an awesome job. It glows like the sun too. Well, there you have it. That's the story
When I asked for the more recent history, he kindly brought the story up to date:

Afterward, I put a genuine Omega Seamaster 300 caseback on the watch. The caseback alone cost around $200.00. I also put a genuine Omega Seamaster Pro bracelet on it. The movement is a genuine Omega 552, which is correct for the 165.024 Omega Seamaster 300 without date. All other parts except the case and bezel are 100% correct for a Seamaster 300.
Oh yeah, the wrist shot! Sorry! :D

<br>

But then I realized I have one of my recent acquisitions that I have not yet worn! :-X

<br>
Part of the problem was the bracelet pins are gummed up, and I needed to add a link back. But some carefully applied "Kroil" took care of the gummy/corrosion, and so I am finally wearing the watch I bought from Rich Ocskasy, the black 4s15 Alpinist! :D

<br>
It has a nice 'sharp' dial! The silver outlined hour markers are very classy! 8)

Nice isn't it? ;D

- Thomas

·
Registered
994 Posts
45mm diver today...........

1 - 20 of 47 Posts