The Watch Site banner

61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
The comedy of errors has begun!

I noticed in yesterday’s WRUW photo that there was a piece of black lint on the crystal. No biggie; the inside of the Seiko box was black faux velvet so it arrived covered in black fuzzies.

Nope, it was an eyelash on the underside of the crystal. It wasn’t there the night before, so it must have floated out while I was frantically shaking the watch to charge it up (no way I’m going for a five-mile jog). I didn’t want to open up a brand new watch—especially one that will see wet use—but I couldn’t live with that lash.

I grab my sticky ball hoping that Seiko knows better than to over-torque the caseback. No joy; I’m going to need the three-lug opener. Of course it was set up for a different watch I was recently working on, so it slipped, scratching the caseback. I torqued it down tighter and got it open the second go ‘round.

Once open I discovered that the stem-release on the 5M is a devilishly secluded little ******* and didn’t want to be found. Eventually I find it and get the movement and offending lash out. I go to put the caseback back on and notice that the gasket has become deformed from being overtightened at the factory. Yay.

But on the plus side, the second-hand, for some inexplicable reason, is now closer to hitting the markers than it was before. So, win?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Special Member
4,663 Posts
Yes Ian Sir I did love the Deep Dial Of The MM and the Height Of The Watch but if it had been the Size Of The 600m Spring Drive it would have been perfect for me

Just have to get the SD Version now
Nice watch!

It’s rare for the MM 300 to be considered small, it would be you Neilo.
Not bad but I think I would still go 300 if both were available at either size.

·
Registered
962 Posts
TS Sir Sammie all day and an Original Ti which is even better👏👏👏⌚👍
I had the Blue Dial On Bracelet and it was So light compared to my Original Stainless Steel one.😜cracker Sir.
Many thanks, Neilo Sir! These Ti watches are so comfortable they're starting to ruin me for many of the SS models . . . :shocked:

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Thanks D :), hope you're keeping well mate .
Nice Chunk of Steel Jimmy :cool: I'll Sport this one Again...

Thanks Russ :) I'm really pleased with it ,I was worried about the size but it's perfect . I really like mesh bracelets but I'll have to pick up a better one than the supplied Helson one [ not keen on using extension pieces ].
By the way I was certain the last Helson I bought was shipped from the states but I must be mistaken as this one came via Hong Kong .

Alright Jim! Well played. She looks great on yer wrist big guy. I have yet to try mine on the mesh but now it's my time to be inspired. Sorry if I've been a bad influence ;)
Thanks Neilo :) I'll bring it to yours next visit and let you try it in the flesh

Jimmy Sir Congrats On That Stunner.Love it and especially that Turquoise Colour
Which really sets it off.
That’s 2 of you with them on the Site now👏👏👏👍⌚

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #74

·
Special Member
4,663 Posts
WRUW SCWF On “Thursday”26th September 2019”

I understand how you feel Kat !!!

Cheers

Marcelo

Nice!
What are your impressions. For all the bitching we do regarding modern Seiko, they do come out with some nice models in different styles and price levels, simultaneously, it’s mind-boggling. I like to dip a little here and there both vintage and modern Seiko with what ($) I allow myself to allocate to watches. I’m at my limit, but this was one I couldn’t wait to get my hands on. If it had been a size between itself and the OG, it would have been perfect. It’s big, wears substantially larger than a 300m tuna. That’s the only thing, the size just seems unnecessary in housing whatever movement it has. Can’t be that big! Or that it needs to be that size to be practical. Come to think about it, I’ve noticed that I can operate the crown and pushers with no problems, screwing in and out all three as well. Maybe that wouldn’t be as easy at smaller size?

Ps: I think Neilo is gonna love it!!

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Nice watch!

It’s rare for the MM 300 to be considered small, it would be you Neilo.
Not bad but I think I would still go 300 if both were available at either size.

Rey Sir I had the MM for a short while and Sold it to Jimmy on here because it was too small for me and I found the Dial tiny for a Divers Watch😢
Don’t get me wrong I liked the MM but I bought The Orient Star 300 in Yellow Dial and preferred the Watch and the Size.

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #77

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
61 - 80 of 95 Posts