The Watch Site banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Really like the rectangular indices on the ‘173. Have you ever serviced it, D?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Rey! Long story, but no and basically how I fell down this rabbit hole in 2014. Local guy tried to service it, screwed it up completely, so I sent it to Ken Setser and he replaced the movement.

·
Special Member
4,437 Posts
WRUW SCWF On “SuperSaturday” 25th January” Weekends Here

Thanks Rey! Long story, but no and basically how I fell down this rabbit hole in 2014. Local guy tried to service it, screwed it up completely, so I sent it to Ken Setser and he replaced the movement.

Ah, I’m sure it’s good to go for several more years, specially now on rotation with the others.

Ps: how about that, you owe the local guy a big THANK YA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Morning Neilo.

Can't beat a 2-8 injection Capri! Well perhaps a 3 litre S.

Happy days!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
Gav Sir Thank You And well Noticed👍
I had a Few 2.8 Capris as I loved them And Finished with a Brooklands 280
1987E Reg one of the Last Ones.The 3.0s was the Professionals Car Not Made In Cologne Germany like the 2.8 was And I don’t think it was as Quick🤔There was Of Course the Rare Tickford Capri But I had moved to Australia when that came out😢 I got Massively into Rotaries in OZ as they were the car to have👍

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I haven’t worn this one much.

To be honest, I felt sorry for the poor thing. It was going really cheaply, and it looked too nice to let it slide.
Ross Sir well Saved And one my Grandad would Of happily worn with his suit and Waistcoat 👏👏👏⌚

·
Registered
383 Posts
Gav Sir Thank You And well Noticed

I had a Few 2.8 Capris as I loved them And Finished with a Brooklands 280

1987E Reg one of the Last Ones.The 3.0s was the Professionals Car Not Made In Cologne Germany like the 2.8 was And I don’t think it was as QuickThere was Of Course the Rare Tickford Capri But I had moved to Australia when that came out I got Massively into Rotaries in OZ as they were the car to have
I had some too. You're right the 2.8 was quicker but the 3 litre Essex felt more torquey. The 2.8 special and 280 had the lsd. 280 in that gorgeous Brooklands racing green and 15" wheels. I'm dead jealous! Ah the memories! Thanks for reminding me of them.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 93 Posts