The Watch Site banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Those of you in the UK who shop at Lidl ( and have very long memories ) may remember these .....
Screw down crown, screw down caseback..and they had the decency not to put some inflated WR on the dial. My good buddy Rab, bought one for himself, and because they only cost £10, he bought me one too.
Here we are 21 years later I fished it out of the bottom of an old box last night, fitted a new battery greased up the caseback o ring and went for a swim, and a sauna and a shower :):):)
I seem to recall my buddy went surfing in his back in the day.

It's a funny old world.Yesterday I buy a Bulova for a couple of hundred pounds and I'm a bit ho-hum...Today I'm wearing a watch that cost a tenner 20 years ago and I'm really happy :)

View attachment 419875
That is obSCENE how cool that is!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Good Morning Ladies And Gents. its Tuesday So let’s Choose A Great Watch And Have a Great Day

Wrist Wise Today Im Going With My Mint Seiko Rose Gold Stargate!

Seiko Model (SKZ330)

Click on each picture for a better view

“Tuesdays ” Shirt

Tuesdays Neilo Quote:-

I’ve Heard That every Bacon Sandwich you Eat Shortens your life by 2 Minutes?

I Did the Math and it turns out I Died in 1583
You know I adore that one Neilo! Why do you keep taunting me?

·
Registered
25,672 Posts
Nice vintage pair !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Thanks, They are among my faves :cool: And the movement case ring is held in place by "Hold Down" tabs screwed into the main plate. ;) I wish all seikos were like that.

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I've got this 20 mm Seiko olive green nylon strap lying around. Since it can accept fatty spring bars I decided to fit it to the SPB 051.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk
Henry Sir Great Combo That works👍⌚

Reactions: henry t

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
'The Hulk' mod

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Jerry sir seriously your Creating Better Models than Seiko and all without the “X”
On the dial😂
That one looks Great 👍

·
Registered
496 Posts
I knew JB would be over the moon if I wore it... and I hate to disappoint...

7002-7001 dated March of ‘91 on OEM GL83122 flat vent strap.

I've said it before but i just love that dial - its mint. The best example I've seen as they don't seem to age well. The red text and lovely green not grey with mouldy lume. It looks like the day it was made.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
WRUW SCWF On “Chooseday” 13th August 2019”

I've said it before but i just love that dial - its mint. The best example I've seen as they don't seem to age well. The red text and lovely green not grey with mouldy lume. It looks like the day it was made.

Thank you my friend! It’s nice to own one that hasn’t been fussed with. @SeaCreechur and @GuyJ have some nice examples too.

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
You know I adore that one Neilo! Why do you keep taunting me?

😂😂😂 just keeping you on your Toes KK😜

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #57

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
After 4 full days of charging my Skyhawk in the sun, thought I'd start now on the autos with another Citizen.
Love it Mark Sir,Got To Give respect to Citizens Lume Dials👍⌚

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Those of you in the UK who shop at Lidl ( and have very long memories ) may remember these .....
Screw down crown, screw down caseback..and they had the decency not to put some inflated WR on the dial. My good buddy Rab, bought one for himself, and because they only cost £10, he bought me one too.
Here we are 21 years later I fished it out of the bottom of an old box last night, fitted a new battery greased up the caseback o ring and went for a swim, and a sauna and a shower :):):)
I seem to recall my buddy went surfing in his back in the day.

It's a funny old world.Yesterday I buy a Bulova for a couple of hundred pounds and I'm a bit ho-hum...Today I'm wearing a watch that cost a tenner 20 years ago and I'm really happy :)

View attachment 419875
That’s Not Bad at all Graham Sir,Lidl is a Shop I’ve never been in only because where I am I’ve only got Asda,Morrison’s,Aldi,Farmfoods And Herons!!😜

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
It seems (*seems*) like this guy is back on track after a lazy weekend. If it’s keeping good time tonight (fingers crossed) then it’s on to my recalcitrant Mako.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
K Sir I knew you would get that ones Heart Beating Correctly,It deserves Wrist time that one👍⌚

Reactions: Kulprit
41 - 60 of 73 Posts