The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Are these watches hard to fix?
JaRe
Far from being an expert on these early digi's. It all depends really on the the condition inside. All mine and I have around 12 always have shown some degree of corrosion , not battery leakage that is. Corrosion can vary, however mostly can be clean up . Battery leakage is the killer and if its bad there's not much hope to fix. It helps to spare donor watches for parts and thats what I have. LCD screens are really tough to source. Others will know a lot more than I do. Fault finding is not my strong point. Cheers T.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Far from being an expert on these early digi's. It all depends really on the the condition inside. All mine and I have around 12 always have shown some degree of corrosion , not battery leakage that is. Corrosion can vary, however mostly can be clean up . Battery leakage is the killer and if its bad there's not much hope to fix. It helps to spare donor watches for parts and thats what I have. LCD screens are really tough to source. Others will know a lot more than I do. Fault finding is not my strong point. Cheers T.
The reason I was asking was because I found this at a flea market real cheap in good cosmetics condition. The LCD looks stained and not sure about the circuit. I have not got around to sending it to my watchmaker who is presently really full with work. Does not look like a case of a battry change only though.
Thanks for your reply.

Regards
JaRe

1 - 20 of 39 Posts