The Watch Site banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
and Cognoscente ... 15J Quartz Chrono's
1,610 Posts
Wearing this NOS condition Yema N81W63 on this rather grey bleu SATurday morning. Like all N8's it's powered by the Shimauchi V906 re-branded version of the Seiko 7A38 movement.

These were the first N8 model produced in any volume by Yema, under the control of C.G.H. (Seiko France) late in 1988 - even before the Spationaute III. Hence they're the only model you'll find with Zero (0 - xxx) prefix manufacturing serial numbers. Here's Yema's 'original' design drawings, which I believe were drafted by Christophe Bernard (courtesy of Gerald Roden, who was Export Manager at Compagnie Générale Horlogère from 1988-1992).

The overall design is a blatantly obvious rip-off of the Breguet Classique chronograph. All the cues are present: fluted case sides; 'Louis Quinze' colour scheme, faux guilloché dial, blued 'pomme' hands, cabouchon crown, etc.. Most likely due to their somewhat dressy appearance, they're one of the least popular models among many collectors of non-Seiko 7A38's. I've picked up most of mine (I'll admit to owning 'a few') reasonably cheaply. From memory, I purchased that NOS example off ForumaMontres for 160 Euros and it's by far the most I've paid. I've even seen the odd well-worn used example sell for as little as $33 (earlier this year).

Despite being a re-branded 7A38, I wouldn't personally recommend them as a potential investment. Although it seems a few deluded speculators are already jumping on the bandwagon. In case you haven't already seen it .... Gentlemen I give you THE MOST EXPENSIVE 7A38 (Seiko or otherwise branded), currently listed on eBay anywhere in the World. Yours for a mere $7400 CDN !! :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Love that strap ! :)
Thanks
This is a Timex strap. I bought a couple from an eBay seller . What I like is that it doesn’t say Timex on the buckle. If you want the link for the seller let me know, I think they only cost like $7 with free shipping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Special Member
1,274 Posts
Thanks
This is a Timex strap. I bought a couple from an eBay seller . What I like is that it doesn’t say Timex on the buckle. If you want the link for the seller let me know, I think they only cost like $7 with free shipping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you'd DM me the link that would be very kind. Thank you

1 - 20 of 31 Posts