The Watch Site banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Very nice! Love the yellow lume. Original pristine condition, or restored?
was old new stock when i got it ...NOT anymore, pieces i own are not safe queens .. i rotate and wear them out ... original finish on dial, original lume, original plexi .... sadly the OEM Hamilton branded JB Champion Bracelet the person i bought it from decided to keep as it was also NOS condition

·
Administrator
32,163 Posts
Love the dial Jerry and a good photo of your dad.

Early switch as I finally got the crown fixed on this old Timex telephone dial. Growing up just a few towns over from Waterbury CT where Timex originated most of the men in my family wore Timex watches. My Dad gave me his and I wish I still had that one.

View attachment 465663

Pops wearing his Timex telephone dial at training camp
View attachment 465664

·
Special Member
5,024 Posts
What an amazing family archive photo. Wish we all had one like this to remember by.

And the telephone dial (daddy, what's a dial phone?) is somethjing I have never seen before, either.

Terrific watch and post !
Thanks again Jon. My Dad was in the Navy in the late 50's and early 60's then in the early 70's his buddy was a National Guard recruiter and talked him into joining the guard. He would travel around the state to fairs and events with a jeep mounted with a M60 and boxes of blanks to shoot off for show to recruit. Pops was top notch with any firearm. Got his Marksman pistol, Sharpshooter rifle, and expert machine gunner medals. The M60 was his baby though, the best in the state at the time. That telephone dial Timex went through his 5-6 years in the guard with him.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts