The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok I'll kick it off. Seems everyone's slow to start on Mondays for some reason :D

Today my birth year watch which is a whole month more ancient than myself being made Jan '68. My Business-A 30 jewel with original bracelet and displayed on one of my drawings I doodle when I get bored with watch hunting!

·
Registered
2,470 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Sportsmatic for me tonight. Was a real cheapie that I picked up a while ago, quick crystal polish and off to go. It keeps great time!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sportsmatic for me tonight. Was a real cheapie that I picked up a while ago, quick crystal polish and off to go. It keeps great time!

Nice! If you ever need one for parts give me a shout as I picked one up off a guy on eBay and although it should have been nice it wasn't! Same model.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very nice Tony ! The (strategically placed) watch is not bad either.:grin:

I have zero artistic ability, so I guess you'll have to accept this as the work of art that it is:

Thanks Dani but what you do have is style. Here's the girlie without the watch hiding her embarrassment

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Blimey, talk about a misleading picture (the first one). I thought she was sitting on a bed.......................:57:

My wife didn't see it quite the way I did !

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Sorry to disappoint you Dani this is the closest to the bedroom....

Tony you have good talent and exceptionally good detail perception.
I do a lot of work like that because I do Air Brushing for a lot of Bike Riders
and Car boys , even Boats etc., as a hobby here.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No artistic pics here, however wearing this today..
Oooo neat didn't see that! What is it? and next question why don't I own one!?!

Tony you have good talent and exceptionally good detail perception.
I do a lot of work like that because I do Air Brushing for a lot of Bike Riders
and Car boys , even Boats etc., as a hobby here.
Aloah Louis!

Very nice indeed! I've not tried colour (american translation = color). All my drawings are done from memory. I have a photographic memory for details and images. See it once it's in there in high def for ever more. I close my eyes and there it is in front of me. Sort of cheating I guess. Your work is true art :cool: I have a airbrush I use for dial painting. I'll have to give it a whirl on my crash helmet and do some flames or some thing stupid like that :) My fav is drawing animals.....

& aircraft. I was honoured with being given the title of an official artist for the 352nd Fighter Squadron for this one of Captain Donald Bryan. I knew him and what a nice humble guy but unfortunately he passed on last year. I gifted and sent him this drawing and he had it framed and said it was the best he'd seen as he thought it was a photo at first :) Super nice guy and I miss out chats immensely.

but as I say because I have a photographic memory it's not like I'm anything special or truly tallented such as you are with your airbrush work. I'm more a monkey see, monkey do.

Sorry guys won't go off subject anymore!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts