The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Special Member
13,644 Posts
Seiko 6138-0030
March 1976
I'll be waking up with this in the morning ....

7DE35318-FD5F-4DFB-9A28-04A569FC4246_1_105_c.jpeg
A9E1EF61-12E0-4F93-BE99-7E2FE7BF4562_1_105_c.jpeg

I'll be waking up with this in the morning ....

·
Registered
968 Posts
Just quickly trying on a recently acquired NOS RACER J39027-70 (a re-branded '7A38', made by Orient Watch Co., for the Spanish market).

To answer John's earlier question ....
Would you, do you, wear homages, replicas or............
These watches are homages (of a sort) to the 1980's Breitling Chronomat. Or if we're frank, yet another rip off-off of someone else's design, which parent company Seiko are well-known for.
I don't have a problem with it, personally. :p

·
Registered
96 Posts
Do you happen to know if the champagne dials of this model were originally silver like this, or separate versions?

·
Special Member
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
It's not pure silver, hard to catch on a pic. Gotta see it live...
The linked page will give you a good overview Piers. Here is a pic from the catalogue, looks pretty close to mine. I think what you called "silver dial" is the norm...

Do you happen to know if the champagne dials of this model were originally silver like this, or separate versions?

·
Registered
778 Posts
6306 Actus SS. Bought as a movement donor but decided to do it up instead. Not a watch I'd have searched out previously but actually in the flesh it's stunning. I'll do a little write up in the Tinkering forum later.

As Tiger says, Bank Holiday here but no rain for me in South London (though its coming!)

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
It's not pure silver, hard to catch on a pic. Gotta see it live...
The linked page will give you a good overview Piers. Here is a pic from the catalogue, looks pretty close to mine. I think what you called "silver dial" is the norm...
View attachment 471696
You're right. I guess most of the examples I've seen have changed color over the years to the champagne tint that coined the name.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Test-driving these two go-karts today. I think the 6106-8100 has a perfectly designed
case, and dimensions, but i'm still not sure i've hit the nail on the head....i sent two to
simon that are more classically derived that i think i like better. This is how i pare the
collection down...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts