The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning USA time in Panhandle of Florida - time for a date and strap change! Will be putting on a blue Hirsch strap on my Blu Hand Luke Orient Star to complement the blue hands. That will shift the look from formal to more casual look so can wear more with cutoffs, jeans and casual T-shirts. Black strap tends to make the hands look darker, blue strap will bring out the blue!

Happy "July 4 weekend" to global WIS - "time" to party!

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Having waited almost a year to sort a new crystal for this one I now find it very difficult to take it off my wrist, now on a 26mm silicone,

(thanks for all kind words about this one the other day btw!)

Next to it's little sibling,

Cheers from a sunny Stockholm
/Stefan

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Wearing this one today......... I just got it last night from the Wife as a 23rd. wedding anniversary present!
Put it on the Black Stingray and it looks GREAT!! ;)

·
Registered
994 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
I watched the German team defeating Argentina, wearing my Aqualand Classic II. Good game, team Germany! I'm totally thrilled!
[size=x-small](note there's a little orange in it for our Dutch friends)

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, in spite of beginning sunup with my Orient Star Blu Hand Luke -- looks like Saturday is "Diver Day" instead per the postings of some truly nice variety of divers. Definitely a perfect July 4 weekend for divers!

So, since have had some thoughtful message inquiries about the twin pad strap on my 6309, changing to wear it for the rest of day. Really appreciate the positive comments. And now with the opportunity to "shout out" a little with the classic beauty of 6309 combined with a uniquely suited Hirsch Twin Pad waterproof strap fitted with double deployant - featuring my Seiko warrior with all original scars:

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Wearing this early proof dial yachtman 6138-0010....

·
Registered
64 Posts
This just in :D . A 1977 6309-7049 that was part of the group up for grabs on the trading forum (Thanks B ;D ) I LOVE these 6309's on mesh! It has the GL831 strap but they're getting hard to find so I am soaking it in a little Meguair's rubber and vinyl cleaner and putting it away. That stuff works GREAT! Happy Weekend -Ronbo

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Actually swapped twice today,so going to bed with this on.Good enough to eat in my opinion!!!

·
Registered
444 Posts
I don't usually participate in the WRUW threads as it seems that I always am wearing my favorite 6309. It's finally been displaced (at least for a little while) on my wrist by this 7C43 which came courtesy of Mr. Mounce. This is a slightly "stylized" photo as I've cleaned up the scratches on the original crystal, which is soon to be replaced as soon as I find the NOS one somewhere in my desk.

Thanks again, Mike. It's always a pleasure and always a surprise opening the box from your time machine.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts