The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sub-titled 'Bank Holiday Beater'.
Wearing this 'el cheapo' BreitBling 7T32 clone - a Racer (Orient) HFA019-70 this morning.
Picked it up as a non-runner off the Spanish classified site Todocoleccion, last month for 9 Euros.

It had suffered what appeared to be a fairly serious battery leak, but fortunately it was mostly the dry white powdery residue, rather than 'acid'. After cleaning up the mess yesterday afternoon and fitting a new battery, surprisingly everything worked, including the alarm - and seeing as it was still running this morning, keeping perfect time, I thought I'd wear it for at least 5 minutes.

In case it looks vaguely familiar, this is the 7T32 (HFA) equivalent of the 7A38 Racer Orient J39027-70, which I'm pretty sure I've posted on SCWF before. If not, here's a couple of library shots:

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
Another Bank Holiday !!!
I remember the happy days , long gone, when a bank holiday was double time and a day off in lieu.
I'm barely aware that it's Monday today let alone a Holiday.
It is a day off though so all's not lost.
Citizen NY004 for me so far.

·
Banned
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Here's another of those 'el cheapo' 7T32 BreitBling clones, which I finished fettling this lunchtime. :geek: This one - in a slightly incongruous two-tone finish, but almost NOS condition is a Racer model HFA018-70. Again it came from the Spanish classified site Todocoleccion and was slightly more expensive @ a whopping 14 Euros !! :D

This watch's movement had also suffered a battery leak, but a very subtle 'wet' one. :( It was barely discernible upon initial inspection. The top of the back-plate and the battery well were squeaky clean, like new. But stripping it down revealed evidence of a localized battery fluid leak and track damage (top left of the IC), which was enough to kill the PCB stone dead. I could have tried cleaning it up I suppose, but instead just fitted a NOS replacement.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts