The Watch Site banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
I prefer having vintage chronos on leather straps, but it just doesn't work during hot summer days. I got this Borealis rubber strap which I would usually put on a diver, but I think it kind of works with pulsations and gives additional 70' vibe to the watch, in addition it's really comfortable and well made.
IMG_20200716_130412.jpg

·
Registered
106 Posts
What a Gadget!

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
I know, it's ridiculous! Totally looks like it should shoot a missile out the side. When I first read about them a couple months ago, I knew I needed one in my collection.

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Pardon the crappy picture but I have a question.
How many of you have taken a 6349 movement, serviced it and stuck it in a 6309-7040 case?
This is possibly one of the best performing vintage Seikos I have. It is good for +1.5 to +2.0 seconds per day. I'm not going to mess with trying to dial it in when it is this good and consistent (y)
;)

Never mind the AM bits; it works and looks the part

·
Registered
106 Posts
Out of interest how does it go with skin temperature readings?
I was thinking it would be the perfect Covid watch - easy to scan someone's forehead to detect a fever. In reality, I don't think it's accurate or consistent enough to be of much use there, not like the laser scanners I've seen.

It is fun to scan things, and one can get a good idea of room temperature by scanning a wall, or outdoor temp by scanning a shaded surface. It can be adjusted for emissivity to get better readings from different materials, but the default setting is appropriate for many common items. It's more useful than watches I've seen with sensors that require you to leave them off the wrist for 30 minutes to acclimate. It would be ideal for brewing my cup of coffee in the morning, except there's no stopwatch or timer function.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts