The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My customer lost the crown off his 6138.

I did the Buy now on one from The WC on ebay.

I got it but the thread was wrong. I complained to them. Never heard back:mad: (even though I've bought literally hundreds of watches and parts from them in the last 3 years).

I did an ebay complaint and got a refund. Still no message back to me and no apology:mad:
Even after pointing out the above - nothing. Pathetic.

I've now found out its a completely wrong crown.
I got one off someone else in the trade here:)

Their service and social skills have really gone down since the R man left so be careful:undecided:

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
That's disappointing Paul. Old fashioned types such as myself appreciate good customer communication/service and actively seek out shops and companies that treat me with value, even if the service costs more.

That's what I like about many of the enthusiast outfits such as yobokies and Dagaz (Speedy when he was alive) they always treat you like a brother.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
That's disappointing Paul. Old fashioned types such as myself appreciate good customer communication/service and actively seek out shops and companies that treat me with value, even if the service costs more.

That's what I like about many of the enthusiast outfits such as yobokies and Dagaz (Speedy when he was alive) they always treat you like a brother.
Mike that is whats called ............. " Valued Customer's ".
Many now have lacked it and it use to be a ........
" Valued Business Tradition " too.

·
Special Member
6,533 Posts
I might have had it too but the real point is that Customer Service is a lost courtesy.

Easier to refund than spend the time to make it right. Sad really.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its not even the right MODEL of crown - its probably just for a 6119:mad:

I took it up to another guy in the trade (long time Seiko man) and he pointed that out to me (I should've known).
Thankfully he has some NOS crown for 6138s (if anyone needs one) in stock and gave it to me.

I refitted it - with glue and tight!

I dropped it off to my customer last night. He's happy:grin:

·
Registered
1,247 Posts

Just want to point out that I find and have mostly found the service from Harold ( yobokies ) an absolute joke and utterly appalling

Dagaz - Perfect !

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just want to point out that I find and have mostly found the service from Harold ( yobokies ) an absolute joke and utterly appalling

Dagaz - Perfect !

I've found them both excellent:) though I know Harold was snowed under with work so that may have meant less than perfect service.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts