The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because I am not very familiar with watches I am turning to the experts for an answer to this. Someone on this forum may have seen the recent movie Micmacs... it is a French movie from the same directing genius who made Amelie and A Very Long Engagement amongst others (He also directed Alien Resurrection but the less said about that the better) Micmacs is a charming film of eccentric characters and eccentric settings and events. In it there is a couple of full screen images of the face of a wrist watch with a light coloured dial and a mechanical movement (you can hear it ticking!) What I am wondering (without going back to the cinema with a digital camera and taking a photo I suppose) is can anyone tell me what the watch and its history might be and how many beat the movement is... (okay maybe not the movement beat) Any clues highly appreciated. A ling shot I know but heck one cant go much past a forum such as this for an answer to a tricky watch question Thanks to all, Michael

·
Registered
29,216 Posts
Your problem may be finding a person that, simultaneously:

1. Is a WIS

2. Is fluent in French

3. Enjoys "a charming film of eccentric characters and eccentric settings and events".

JMHO.

·
Registered
772 Posts
byke369 said:
Because I am not very familiar with watches I am turning to the experts for an answer to this. Someone on this forum may have seen the recent movie Micmacs... it is a French movie from the same directing genius who made Amelie and A Very Long Engagement amongst others (He also directed Alien Resurrection but the less said about that the better) Micmacs is a charming film of eccentric characters and eccentric settings and events. In it there is a couple of full screen images of the face of a wrist watch with a light coloured dial and a mechanical movement (you can hear it ticking!) What I am wondering (without going back to the cinema with a digital camera and taking a photo I suppose) is can anyone tell me what the watch and its history might be and how many beat the movement is... (okay maybe not the movement beat) Any clues highly appreciated. A ling shot I know but heck one cant go much past a forum such as this for an answer to a tricky watch question Thanks to all, Michael
It might take me a while but I just got the movie

Micmac a tire larigot.
I did not watch it yet but if its the same movie and It sure sounds like it I will pull the pics from there.
I'll try to find the time tomorrow.

·
Registered
772 Posts
For now this is the only clock / watch related I see and the last one just because I like the Tapioca style. Very cool

Do you remember the approximate time frame in the movie?

Attachments

·
Registered
772 Posts
normdiaz said:
Your problem may be finding a person that, simultaneously:

1. Is a WIS

2. Is fluent in French

3. Enjoys "a charming film of eccentric characters and eccentric settings and events".

JMHO.

Lol Thats me Hahaha

·
Registered
29,216 Posts
Jeje3325 said:
Lol Thats me Hahaha
There you go, Byke369. You found one already. ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have only just had chance to look here again after driving across the country from Melbourne to Perth. Thanks for the replies to the query re the mic macs movie watch. I hope to be going to see the movie again and will try to log the time for it and also take a pic of the watch, my memory may be incorrect but i thought the watch has quite a fancy dial. Time will tell hahaha (that pun was quite unintended)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts