The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wrist shots and another unveiling! A special Kelly M. Rayburn watch tonight! >>>

<br>

Hello folks! Let's get some wrist shots out of the way, then I will unveil a special watch from the famous Kely M. Rayburn himself!! :)

<br>

First, my Casio MIRO Gulfman. I am getting used to the dull, lackluster color ;-) but the backlight seems really dim, compared to what other owners of the same watch have reported. I guess I’ll contact Casio, but I am 99% sure that after packing it up and sending it to them, they'll send it back saying "that's normal". :-( Or I'll find out this is not a US model, so they won't help me. Ah well, there is still that 1%! :)

<br>

<br>

<br>

When I got home I switched to another new watch, my Citizen "Orca" BN0016-55L, and also put on a warmer shirt! :) After two days of mid-80s (ºF), it's going down in to the mid-30s tonight! At least I can sleep with the covers on!! Woohoo!

<br>

<br>

<br>

Man, that Orca is a cool watch! :)

But let's get on with the unveiling! We all know Kelly M. Rayburn's taste in watches, and that it would hard to go wrong buying a watch from him, but what have I bought here? ;-)

<br>

<br>

<br>

Looks well packaged, with a bubble wrap envelope inside the USPS Flat Rate Priority Mail box. Thanks Kelly M.!

<br>

<br>

<br>

And more bubble wrap inside! :) I wonder what the yellow thing is? I already found a letter he wrote under the envelope....

<br>

<br>

<br>

It says it is a NOS mainspring! ºLº Yikes, I hope it is a spare or something!! :)

So, what do you think I got? One could easily guess it's a vintage Seiko, but do you think it's one of his chronographs, or a beautiful 6309?? :) Woohoo!!

<br>

<br>

<br>

Well, there is the signed clasp on the bracelet, so at least we have conformed it's an Omega... ºLº

<b>What! An Omega?!? </b> Is it vintage? Is it a James Bond model??

<br>

<br>

<br>

Nope! :) It his special Kent Parks - Ken Setzer Seamaster 300 Custom "Joker" watch! :)

I have always wanted one of Kents dial masterpieces, and this has also had it's hand re-lumed by Ken Setzer to perfectly match Kent's aged lume hour markers.

Shall we take a closer look? That lume looks very old, I hope it still has some glow left to it! ;-)

<br>

<br>

<br>

:) Nice! :)

<br>

<br>

<br>

Woohoo! :) I hope that was fun for you! ;-) The bracelet fits perfectly, I can't wait to wear it tomorrow!

Thanks for looking!

- Thomas

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Re: Wrist shots and another unveiling! A special Kelly M. Rayburn watch tonight! >>>

Great unveils as per usual Thomas! I remember that Ken Parks mod, it' great. Seeing that Orca and previous posts of it makes me wonder if I should held on to mine......nah, well maybe?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Wrist shots and another unveiling! A special Kelly M. Rayburn watch tonight! >>>

Well Russ, like R. Crumb, you just have to like them big! :eek:

:D

- Thomas

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Wow Moto that lume caught me by surprise
Heh, heh, heh! :) Mr. Blinky gets another one! :D

- Thomas

·
Registered
2,504 Posts

Your shirt goes well with that MIRO Gulfman. I would have been at a total loss, but you chose well with the peach and black stripes.

I wonder if you have a battery going dead. Usually a dim backlight is an early sign. The digits look a little dim on the picture, but it could be from your camera flash.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

!nohJ sknahT

I wonder if you have a battery going dead. Usually a dim backlight is an early sign.
Well, I might as well try a new one then. From the sound of the user's manual, they don't last all that long. ::)

<br>

The digits look a little dim on the picture, but it could be from your camera flash.
<b>FLASH!?!</b> :eek: No, no, no, I "never" use the flash. I despise flash!! :mad: But thanks for trying to help! :)

<br>
- Thomas "MotoWatch"

·
Registered
2,504 Posts

Thomas said:
!nohJ sknahT

Well, I might as well try a new one then. From the sound of the user's manual, they don't last all that long. ::)

[br /]

FLASH!?! :eek: No, no, no, I "never" use the flash. I despise flash!! :mad: But thanks for trying to help! :)

[br /]
- Thomas "MotoWatch"
Well now that you have your fancy new tool set, why not take a peek inside. Just don't lose the little springs sticking out of the module or else you'll lose your beeps, backlight or both. The springs are in there pretty tight, but some have been know to fall out when turned upside down (duh) and even spring out like caged monkeys when the case back is removed. Also you may have to do an AC (All Clear) once the new battery is installed if the digits aren't displaying properly. This entails touching the top of the battery and the AC spot on the module with a paperclip or metal tweezers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts