The Watch Site banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.....the post button I was returned to my sign-in page the whole effing thing disappeared. Not going thru this crap again.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
swedefreak said:
.....the post button I was returned to my sign-in page the whole effing thing disappeared. Not going thru this crap again.
Hi Jonathon,

You should login using the login button not the area in the right hand corner.. Choose the option to stay logged on or choose a time that suits..

Cheers

·
Registered
12,319 Posts
Thats correct. Choose how long you want to stay logged in.
Also, had you logged back in, it would have taken you right back to your post, nothing would have been lost ;)

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
:'( Jonathan happened to me a few times when i first started using the site,now i just log in checking the box saying stay logged in.Your right though its a pain when you do a post then lose it when you get logged out.Hindsight maybe!!!LoL.
Hope your well mate.Neilo.

·
Registered
821 Posts
yup,I had learnt my lesson long ago while posting detailed descriptions in ebay/forums...the whole thing just dissappear into a blank page after 'post it' button was pressed...

so for next time,especially when you need to post something lengthy(typed with lots of effort),do a copy of them,then you wouldnt lose anything.

·
Registered
9,869 Posts
Bummer! :( I had that happen twice before I realized I was timing out due to using the upper right login option. :mad:

swedefreak said:

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
As others have said, you logged in using the quick log-in function. The acting word in that being "quick". When you log in like that, you are on a timer that you pre-set and once it expires, the forum logs you off. Going forward, just log in using the log-in tab below the banner, and check on the option to always stay logged in. You won't get timed out when you do that.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the support, guys. Much appreciated.

Of course, I should have been thinking along all the lines mentioned but it was very late at night and my enthusiasm to post outweighed my normal caution when writing a long post.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts