The Watch Site banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I am mostly a Seiko collector for vintage watches, but this was just so cool, and it went cheap too!

I love the smell of an EMS bag in the morning!!

Click for Big Image

Ahh, the trusty grocery bag, from my friend on the bay

Click for Big Image

And the local newspaper, as always!! :grin:

Click for Big Image

I'll skip a few, and we see another double pack. large and small. Let's do the small one first again.

Click for Big Image

I'm getting closer...

Click for Big Image

Woohoo, this thing is just so cool looking! It is a 1961 "Citizen Deluxe" with a hand-winding, 19 jewels movement and a very unusual 2-color dial. I have been told this was one of the most successful early watches made by Citizen.

Click for Big Image

Most of the case-back text is faint, but legible.

Click for Big Image

And I could not wait to get it on. :p It blows ne away how good it looks!

I would commit to wearing this for the rest of the week, but maybe I should wait until I open that last watch! :rolleyes:

Click for Big Image

One more to go!!

Thanks for looking!

- Thomas

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
well that is a gorgeous example too...i love old citizen's

·
Ultimate Collector
3,254 Posts
That is beautiful.
What worries me is I am bad enought with collecting Seiko's I don't need to get into Citizen too....... But that is gorgeous!
Oh well....

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Lovely watch Thomas - been wearing my 1961 example today in fact, great accuracy and a 60+ hour power reserve. And it ticks nice and loud :grin:

Stephen

·
Special Member
1,818 Posts
That is a great catch Thomas congratulations.

I really like the two color text as that is not seen often and the dial is a lot more interesting than what is usually seen.

I have a couple of much plainer Deluxe's.

A 514814 Deluxe with CGP case that has some aging on the lugs that looks to be some kind of coating over the GP, so it could do with a clean.

The other Deluxe is the 515702 that is in near NOS condition. It has the original band and hang tags but the box is not in the best shape.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Thomas-Beautiful find Thomas, it truly exudes that 60's feel. The fact that you love it so makes it all the better ! Congratulations ! :sign0098:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts