The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Special Member
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been offered this 62MAS in a Trade for a Very Nice 6105-8110. Seller is not a Seiko collector but he prefers the look of the 6105 - Me too but I have plenty of 6105s. 62MAS looks good to my eye. 62MAS has a very nice condition dolphin caseback and very clean movement but no service history. The 6105-8110 I have offered is in Excellent + Condition, All Original, recently serviced and running perfectly, with a replaced Type 2 crystal.

Trade or No Trade?

·
Special Member
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 6105-8110 is in Excellent+ condition - MUCH nicer condition than the 62MAS.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
On a dollar scale the trade sounds fair, this is a really good 6217 but not amazing. What's stopping that distinction is the small amount of rot on the chrome plating on the hands and indices. Sometime this can be picked off if it's sitting on the chrome plate, other times its there for good. I would also like to see a crisp caseback.

If you have 6105s to spare, I think you can't go too wrong.

I posted a couple of mine yesterday on IG
http://instagr.am/p/CAzKKQ-nj6_/

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
If I had plenty 6105's like you mention, then I would do it for sure.

That 6217 has a nice insert and some minor refurb work can be done on the case & elsewhere if really required. But, as JB alluded to, you have to want it

·
Registered
5,951 Posts
If you do not have a 62MAS this is a good way to own one.

But I don't like the greenish hue to the lume. Looks wrong. So I'd get it relumed.

·
Special Member
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hard to tell if the Lume is original or relumed. To my eye it looks like the original Light Green Lume. Chrome lume wells looks to be in decent shape with some black spotting. From the photos I would say the watch looks to be in Average Condition.

·
Premium Member
2,876 Posts
I think its been relumed. 62mas (and 6105) lume was always susceptible to lume vegetables.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I think its been relumed. 62mas (and 6105) lume was always susceptible to lume vegetables.
It's difficult to tell from these photos because trying to take a good photo through that plexi glass of the dial is a pain and the photos are not high enough resolution. I think this new website might also be reducing the resolution of the images being posted. You should try and upload them to imgur.com into an album and share the link to the album here. There is every possibility it's relumed.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Caseback looks good, those dolphin backs often ware down with with alot of use.

For me it would just be a matter of the lume. If it was original I would do it. I find minty 6105s easier to come by than excellent 6217s. But at the end of the day you have to be happy.

·
Special Member
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 42 Posts