The Watch Site banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flea Bay description as follows:

[size=1em]nice watch works great new battery nice shows wear but looks good 7006-5069

Wonder where the battery goes?.........LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
29,137 Posts
SeikoPsycho2 said:
Flea Bay description as follows:

nice watch works great new battery nice shows wear but looks good 7006-5069

(Can't quite read the small print, but looks like it may be an automatic.) Couldn't begin to answer that question without more than just a description and a picture. :-[

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, It's an automatic. I have the very same watch.

Basically he's claiming a watch that doesn't use a battery has a new one......

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
I always welcome "may need new battery" because that usually means the seller has set up a really crappy auction that fewer buyers will find. Claiming to have a new battery in an automatic?

???

·
Registered
772 Posts
Spencer said:
I always welcome "may need new battery" because that usually means the seller has set up a really crappy auction that fewer buyers will find. Claiming to have a new battery in an automatic?

???
+1 The dude doesn't know his watches. Ask him if he got more junkers. Maybe something with the letters GS ???

·
Registered
29,137 Posts
That seller's in the company of those that advertise a watch with sub-dials but no pushers (or non-working pushers) as a "chronograph". ;D To answer the question, if the watch/price is right and he hasn't "messed" with the piece, a buy might be OK. ::)

·
Premium Member
3,045 Posts
Sure! Nothing like benefiting form other people's stupidity! >:D >:D I've already picked up a few mechanical watches that the seller claimed that all they needed was a battery. Just paid for the watches and didn't even crack a smile until I was well out of range. :p :p

This was one of them. I picked up this and three other watches at a yard sale for a dollar. Three of the four were mechanical. The lady claimed they just needed batteries. :-X :-X

Cheers!
Mike

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'd be to concerned they didn't actually have the watch in their possession by saying "new battery fitted" when it's an automatic.

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I guess that any watch from the bay is a gamble but to me, for someone to state that a watch which doesn't need a battery has a new one is like saying that a watch runs well and keeps good time when you haven't even wound the watch. I would take anything that seller said with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello OldHippie!

I like what the Day is telling you to do.

O_D

OldHippie1968 said:
Sure! Nothing like benefiting form other people's stupidity! >:D >:D I've already picked up a few mechanical watches that the seller claimed that all they needed was a battery. Just paid for the watches and didn't even crack a smile until I was well out of range. :p :p

This was one of them. I picked up this and three other watches at a yard sale for a dollar. Three of the four were mechanical. The lady claimed they just needed batteries. :-X :-X

Cheers!
Mike
[/quote]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts