The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

I was formerly a (not very active) member at the Network54 SC forum and back in 2002 posted about a Seiko my grandfather gave me. Back then I couldn't even figure out how to post a picture - not that any such luxury as a digital camera was in my posession! I got a couple of replies but really without an image no one could help a great deal.

13 years later my interest in watches has been renewed and my (somewhat eclectic) collection is growing but the same old Seiko still fascinates and intrigues me. I hope you will be interested to see what I think is a quite unusual Seiko and maybe you can offer some insight?

BTW: please let me know if this is not the appropriate section of the site for this thread. Ta!

I have loved and been fascinated by this watch since I first saw it on my Grandad's wrist as a child. I believe it's from the '70s but know little more than that. The back of the watch has five lines of text as follows:

SEIKO
STAINLESS STEEL
11-8060
JAPAN-B (followed by a sort of horizontal lightning symbol(???))

The crystal - if I can call it that - is plastic and used to scratch rather easily. That was until it broke out completely

At the very bottom of the face is printed 'JAPAN' and maybe 11 or II next to it, then that horizontal lightning symbol again, then '3460R' or something like that - the text is extremely small!
The watch is a wind up unit, though I'm sure there is a proper name for this type of watch.

Im really interested in getting any information on this watch at all and most importantly any suggestions on replacing the crystal.

Thanks & best regs,

Lee

Attachments

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
I know nothing about it other than the movement is most likely an 11a which is originally a womens watch movement. These were however sometimes used in larger cases such as this one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Technoman. In all the years I have owned it I have never had the back off but I will do so soon to check the movement out & will post what I find. I actually was wondering if it may actually be a womens watch although it would probably be considered quite large. The band actually becomes quite narrow at the clasp (correct term?) and looking at the underside of the wrist does look quite small.

Cheers,

Lee

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Your watch case reference number for this watch which is how you can find the part numbers you need is 1100-8060 This number is essential though I doubt it will be easy to find anything for it at least you know what part number to hunt for. The watch is running on an 11A mechanical movement. It may be a smaller sized movement but it is a quality movement. The part number you need for the new crystal lens is ES1N17AN00
Currently there are no crystals listed on eBay of this number. I have a pretty good collection of old and discontinued Seiko crystals and I do not have this one myself though I do have 15 good Seiko 11A movements. Hope this helps you out

Michael

1 - 6 of 6 Posts