The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

A vintage Seiko Crown that is! :p

This poor package took quite a beating getting here, worst on the other side. Holes torn through the bag and all kinds of colored rub marks.

I hope the seller packed it well!

Click for Big Image

Okay! This is my second purchase from this seller, and I get free Tupperware each time! ;)

Click for Big Image

Well packaged too!

Click for Big Image

And there is my new "headgear", a 1961 Seiko Crown, with a Seikosha, 21 jewel, 560 caliber, Diashock, hand-wind movement.

Let's get a closer look shall we?

Click for Big Image

The front half is in beautiful condition, especially the sun-burst textured dial, with beautiful graceful hands and an interesting outer hour ring.

Click for Big Image

Hee-hee, here is the crown of the Crown... :eek:

Click for Big Image

The "common" side...

Click for Big Image

And the back side.

A bit of damage and corrosion back here, but the sellers movement picture looked clean and unmolested, so I made the purchase.

Click for Big Image

Well, such a beautiful dial deserved a much more appropriate strap, so I pulled one of my "Havana brown" cowrocodile straps from a recent DeBeers order along with a polished gold deployant.

Check out the "Big Image", it really is a beautiful watch!

Click for Big Image

Click for Big Image

Much better don't you think?

And when taking those pictures it seemed like the watch "wore" very large!

I know they didn't make them big in 1961, but to my eye it looked like a 40 mm watch!

Well, the calipers popped that bubble, I guess the "no bezel" design fools the eye!

Click for Big Image

I think I got my 72 dollars worth! Thanks for looking!

- Thomas

·
Registered
178 Posts
That is a very nice watch and the brown strap suits it really well. The added bonus is you don't have to set the day and date if you only wear it occasionally.

·
Registered
507 Posts
HI there, that's a great buy. I love manual wind watches, there's something nostalgic about the fact you have to take the time to wind it, rather than putting it on your wrist and forgetting about it.
You pics don't work in this site btw. I'm getting crosses in black bxes here. The big images on google drive work though.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
The dial, hands, dial text and movement are beautiful. I keep selling my handgrinders but I agree there is a tactility to winding them up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts