The Watch Site banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wonderful world of Seiko has produced some fantastic divers, aviators, chronographs and dress watches along with amazing movements from autos, mechanicals, quartz LCD and kinetic.
We know our movements and styles pretty well.
But there is a whole other market out their for our wives and daughters or for the female watch enthusiasts who follow this forum.

I came across this great example of a women's Seiko.
It's a 2806-3080
It reminds me of the Monaco.
I was surprised to find a split crown in it.
I haven't opened it up or tested it yet but it seems to keep time and just needs little glass polish.
Put it next to my 6309 as a size reference.
Cam

·
Registered
931 Posts
You are right , we [guys] Tend to overlook the great selection of ladies watches put out not only by Seiko , but by Citizen as well . I have sent my Mom and Sister one or two of each and they both consider them to be their favorite watches . I feel comfortable knowing that the watches will perform well for them .
Also sometimes I see a deal on a ladies watch too good to pass up and know that which ever of my family members I send it to that they will appreciate the quality of these watches .

·
Registered
46 Posts
Agree! we always overlook these nice ladies watches, they even come in hi-beat miniature movements!

Here's my two 2206s

And my collection of other ladies watches, still running after more than 4 decades :)

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love the Orange cushion diver on the bottom row. Is the 6105 the closest Seiko came to make a full size cushion diver like this one?
They are all amazing nice collection.
Cam

·
Special Member
27,777 Posts
Very Cool, If only if they were 40mm + Great Collection !!!

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I have around 20 beautiful women's model Seiko's just sitting in one of my bins. Some of them a very nice watches. Several are older mechanical movements. My sister took a few she liked but I literally can not give them away. Most women I ask tell me I have no use for a watch because my phone tells the time. Some are even gold plated. They just have almost no collector value at all.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
A while back I set my wife up with a 2906 silverwave from 1976. It is absolutely beautiful. If I'll try to add pics later. The finish is great, even when sitting next to her mom's Rolex. It runs strong and accurately. I believe it came from Korea. I've kept an eye out for another one, but no luck so far.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I have around 20 beautiful women's model Seiko's just sitting in one of my bins. Some of them a very nice watches. Several are older mechanical movements. My sister took a few she liked but I literally can not give them away. Most women I ask tell me I have no use for a watch because my phone tells the time. Some are even gold plated. They just have almost no collector value at all.

So true ! I bought my wife a nice vintage Seiko and she just couldn't get her head round having to wind it up every day. Another (auto) she had lost a couple of minutes a day and she didn't like that either. And this is a woman who will walk around for weeks after the clocks change with her quartz watch an hour out !:rolleyes:

·
Registered
931 Posts
Here's a Ladies Hi-Beat 21 Jewel watch I just worked on for a friend . I'll admit it, at first I was intimidated when I opened the case back . There's a lot of stuff in that case....a lot of tiny stuff , like springs the size of a hair ready to ping off to China never to be seen again . They were like grasshoppers .
DSC00008.JPG

Next to a pair of conventional sized Big Brothers .
DSC00004.JPG

This one is a 2706-0010

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
A while back I set my wife up with a 2906 silverwave from 1976. It is absolutely beautiful. If I'll try to add pics later. The finish is great, even when sitting next to her mom's Rolex. It runs strong and accurately. I believe it came from Korea. I've kept an eye out for another one, but no luck so far.

Could that be the "more water resistant" version of the watch I gave my wife for her Birthday two weeks ago?

2906-0019

Still have to polish it up a bit and sadly, it runs slow (more than 5 minutes a day) :(

Anyone here services ladies' watches?

Edit: In Europe, preferably ;)

·
Registered
931 Posts
Mr Levity said :
"So true ! I bought my wife a nice vintage Seiko and she just couldn't get her head round having to wind it up every day. Another (auto) she had lost a couple of minutes a day and she didn't like that either. And this is a woman who will walk around for weeks after the clocks change with her quartz watch an hour out !"

That's just a Woman being a Woman ....and as John AKA "jringo" would say , "God Bless Them"

·
Registered
46 Posts
I love the Orange cushion diver on the bottom row. Is the 6105 the closest Seiko came to make a full size cushion diver like this one?
They are all amazing nice collection.
Cam
Yes, the 6105s and also the 6309-704x are full sized cushion cased.

The orange and black 2205 are from 1977 and the orange 4205 is from 1982

·
Special Member
27,777 Posts
This was a catch and release not long ago....Love the Style :)

·
Special Member
1,818 Posts
This was a catch and release not long ago....Love the Style :)
These do have a great style, I wish they were just larger and kept the same design.

The case back on this one is very nice and the depth of the wave really stands out.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Very nice collection, dixng!

Here are my wife's ladies Seikos:

And the linen trifecta:
Queen Seiko Special:

1964-0010 Hi-Beat GS:

1964-0020 Hi-Beat GS:

I really need to take some good pictures, these are terrible.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I was the one that caught the 2625 DAHASCO let out of his stash. Sadly, my wife doesn't care for it. We'll see if she changes her mind next time we go on an outdoors trip. My 5 year old loves the watch but she is going to have to wait a few years. She is getting a 4205 soon to hold her over. It will probably end up on one of her dolls for a few years before she gets it.

This 2625 is very impressive in person, glad I got it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts