The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
^-^ The watch I have in mind is the SBCM023 (caliber 8F35).
I am utterly smitten by the lume finishing and evergreen look on oyster. 8)

most importantly, it is a diver ;)

ps: i am startin to hate those emoticons :p

·
Registered
29,144 Posts
Already have a PC (EcoDrive). I set the calendar in 2005 and haven't had to touch it since. Have a Seiko auto calendar too and that one had to be reset last leap year on Feb. 28. (Have to adjust it again on Feb. 28, 2012.) asleep

·
Registered
232 Posts
I've been eyeing this perp cal diver also kohym! I love it's smaller size and nice that it has a ~8 year battree and HEQ accuracy ;D

I've owned several perpet calenders and my better half has one now I think they are great! I can't use the excuse "it' so smart you don't even have to change the date on shorter months!" It is a cool feature, but I'm not that lazy O0 Only reason I have not had one in the past year has been my auto obsession....I've been thinking about an eco-drive the past month and am now eye-ing what you are. Go for it!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I would definitely buy a perpetual calendar watch, although it's have to be much larger than the SBCM023. ;D

It's funny...when I first got into watches I was all about quartz (specifically Eco-Drive), and from there I went all-automatic, but now I've come back to a place in the middle.

So yeah, my answer is yes.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I say what are you waiting for. Well, in fairness it took me a long time to finally buy the SBCM023. After I did, I haven't felt the urge to buy any other watch, and that's been two months now. It has lost only 1 second in that time. It's an amazing watch to look at, wear, and of course the time keeping is well known.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I am a huge fan of perpetual calendars (more then 10 in the current mini-collection, and that is without counting all-digital models like the G-Shocks). The SBCM023 was my latest addition, and on top of being a perpetual calendar my personal reasons for picking it were:
- high-accuracy
- ISO diver
- classic 'Seiko 007' style with excellent visibility
- very good build quality
- very pleasant size on the hand (I have a wrist around 7.5'' but still don't like many watches bigger than 39-40mm).

On my list there was also a point regarding the fact that Seiko is eliminating some models with very good technical performance at decent prices - but the first to be eliminated was the SBQJ015 - which I already have and is also highly recommended! - and probably SBCM023 will be phased-out at the start of next year ...

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jbdan said:
I've been eyeing this perp cal diver also kohym! I love it's smaller size and nice that it has a ~8 year battree and HEQ accuracy ;D

I've owned several perpet calenders and my better half has one now I think they are great! I can't use the excuse "it' so smart you don't even have to change the date on shorter months!" It is a cool feature, but I'm not that lazy O0 Only reason I have not had one in the past year has been my auto obsession....I've been thinking about an eco-drive the past month and am now eye-ing what you are. Go for it!
let's just do it! :mad:

quartz is my grab-and-go watch especially when i am too lazy to set time/date etc asleep

·
Registered
715 Posts
The SBCM023 is such a fantastic watch. I've been thinking about buying one for ages, but the size is deal-breaker for me. :'(
I guess I have been ruined by Tuna, Sumo and the like. If only it were as big as the SKX-divers...

·
Registered
12,319 Posts
perpetual calendars are great!!!
all you have to do it twice a year adjust for daylight savings and back.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
I've bought at least one perpetual calendar before. Well technically it was radio controlled so the end effect was the same. There was something beautiful in it's perfect cold accuracy. Ultimately I gave it away because it was just too perfect for me. what can I say, I prefer to know the relative time instead of the actual one - it feels more human that way. besides My cell phone always has the exact info if I needed.

·
Registered
12,319 Posts
That looks exactly like my SBQJ015 :eek:

Are you sure it isnt the SBQJ015. It doesnt look like the SBQK083, yours also has the GMT complication.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Time said:
That looks exactly like my SBQJ015 :eek:

Are you sure it isnt the SBQJ015. It doesnt look like the SBQK083, yours also has the GMT complication.
Sorry, must have had a brain fart .
Of course it's a [b]SBQJ015[/b]. Where the heck did I get SBQK083?!? [IMG]

·
Registered
534 Posts
Time said:
great looking that landtrek. But I hate the cyclops. I generally don't like cyclopes.
yeah, many guys hate it...or love it! wait till you get past the age of 60 though hahaha! BTW Seiko started using cyclops on their Perpetuals ever since 1999 and was a distinquishing feature of them...

·
Registered
197 Posts
This one is good until 2100, which will outlive me as long as the battery is changed...leap years are already figured in as well ;D

It measures 42mm without the crowns, and is 14mm thick, domed Hardlex crystal, 10 year battery.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I did buy one and love it. I first considered it back when Seiya started carrying it back in 2006 or so. I tried it on while in Japan in the summer of 2006, but was worried about the size. I ended up getting it last Nov and have not worn any other of my watches since... including my Tuna. It is the ultimate in "set-it-and-forget-it". The size is not an issue to me and is only noticable if I hold it right next to my 7548 diver. It is extremely comfortable.

I also have a Citizen Perp Cal PMT56-2731 that is an excellent watch.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts