The Watch Site banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
25,678 Posts
Clap, Clap, Clap...Very well then. I'm done with popcorn for a while :)

·
Administrator
29,748 Posts
Great stuff Simon with a superb result, I know how thorough you are with the A1 quality work you have done for me, you guys are getting better and better all the while, we are lucky to have access to you guys who are not only good at your work but you all really do care, top guys.

ps: I did suspect that was the problem all along but I dident want to spoil your story :) :)

pps: I hadent got the slightest idea what the problem was :(

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
I'm pleased for you that you found it - and explained it to us so well.

I always check the endplay on the center wheel after fitting the bridge. There usually isn't enough so I bend the bridge up slightly and recheck. I then use my blower to see if the center wheel spins freely. When it does I reassemble the movement. I can't ever remember a watch that the jewel had been moved on.

With 6139/8s I assemble the time train without chrono parts and leave it to run on my bench for a few days to make sure that is right before fitting the chrono parts and testing that going as well.

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Nice work Simon!
It just goes to show you the smallest of issues, enough end shake to run but not enough for good amplitude, can often take hours + hours of detective work to resolve the issue.
In the end all these fact finding adventures sharpen our skills more and more as time goes on.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts