The Watch Site banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
"The Prospector"
4,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was walking around our local carboot last Sunday. I stopped at this stall, where the guy had a couple of bits I wanted.
I bought those, and couldn't help noticing that he had A Seiko 6139B on his wrist.
I asked him about it, he said that it kept perfect time, although the bracelet wasn't original.
He let me have a look at it, the watch was in pretty good condition.
I asked him if he wanted too sell it, he said 'not at the moment' as he had bought it from the same carboot sale a couple of weeks previously for 50 pence !!!! Yup, its not a typo he only paid 50 pence for the bloody thing, was I gutted or What !!!
Anyhow, I left him my mobile number, as yet no calls :(

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
I was walking around our local carboot last Sunday. I stopped at this stall, where the guy had a couple of bits I wanted.
I bought those, and couldn't help noticing that he had A Seiko 6139B on his wrist.
I asked him about it, he said that it kept perfect time, although the bracelet wasn't original.
He me have a look at it, the watch was in pretty good condition.
I asked him if he wanted too sell it, he said 'not at the moment' as he had bought it from the same carboot sale a couple of weeks previously for 50 pence !!!! Yup, its not a typo he only paid 50 pence for the bloody thing, was I gutted or What !!!
Anyhow, I left him my mobile number, as yet no calls :(
Vyn,
Just wait a little .........." He will be calling you real soon ".
He is thing about it, you just wait patiently.
If he does not call, go back to that place and say Hi to him,
and just watch what he says.

·
"The Prospector"
4,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol i am not that lucky,i will happen on one in time, not too fussed, I am very patient when the need arises.
Thks again though LB :)

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Vyn,

Go down there again, get a Soda, and a Hamburger, find a chair
or some thing to sit on, sit about.... " 12 foot from the front of the booth ",
but don't look at him, sit side ways and that will .......... " Haunt The Guy ".
He got to sell you the watch then.:72:

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Easy tell is the reset button. While the chrono is running, carefully press the reset button. If you can push it in (nothing happens) it's a 6139b. If you can't move the button (or just a little bit) it's a 6139a :)

·
"The Prospector"
4,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Everything is fine thks, not bought anything lately cos i've been working 9 day straights, yeah savage !!! Just gonna post my new purchase :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts