The Watch Site banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a Seiko SNN217 for sale, but the ad has disappeared completely with no record of it having existed. There are details of a previous sale (some time ago) for the same watch, but that sale fell through, but there is no record of the last listing. Did I do something wrong or am I just blind?

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't see it anywhere so post it again and see what happens.

via m'iPhone
Nah, can't be stuffed now. I ran it for a few days with no bites, so I think Ebay might be a better proposition. If it was removed by a mod I should have at least been informed, no?

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Agree that if there isn't a mechanism to catch non-compliance before posting, it would be nice if they would pm the listing with a message when they delete posts, for the reason you stated.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Agree that if there isn't a mechanism to catch non-compliance before posting, it would be nice if they would pm the listing with a message when they delete posts, for the reason you stated.
I returned to this forum from a fairly lengthy absence, and am a little dismayed to see such heavy-handed tactics now in practice and it appears that I may not be the only disgruntled member. Perhaps the moderators might take a look at themselves if they wish to either keep members or recruit new ones. However, this forum is no longer for me, so I bid you adieu.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts

·
2,237 Posts
If your advert disappeared then it's because you didn't post correctly. It's simple. Those that have taken the time to read the rules all know this and accept it.

It has been discussed many times on here, and it's generally agreed that the mods cannot be expected to issue a 'warning' pm whenever an advert is posted incorrectly. Straightforward deletion is the best solution.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I can understand how Dennis feels. I'd much prefer to see dialogue instead of blind rule enforcement. When it was last discussed I suggested that if it was too much effort to send PMs to transgressors, that we should get some additional moderators. I'll even put my money where my mouth is and volunteer to help out with this myself.

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
hey i would offer my help too..i know that it can get overwhelming for the moderators with everything they must have to do...so if i can help in any way...please let me know.....we all have made a mistake by genuine error in the past and would love to get a email saying hey...this needs to be changed otherwise we will have to delete it...God Bless John

·
2,237 Posts
Personally, I don't think it's a big deal at all if an advert gets deleted. We must each assume responsibility for our own adverts. I know that if one of mine got deleted then I'd realise that I'd made a mistake, and simply review it and make the necessary corrections before reposting.

I really cannot see what all the fuss is about.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Once you know that your post may be deleted, the policy works fine - you backup the bbcode/html for your listing, and if you made a mistake you can simply correct and re-post.

If you don't understand the deletion policy (just like the posting policy) and pour a lot of energy into trying to make a high quality post, then having that post simply deleted is pretty punishing - all that time is lost.

I don't know if I'd simply leave the site, but I understand DT's infuriation.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.