The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$65. and $75. This is the one with Made in Japan on the dial and Japan A on the caseback. Do you think the price will rise in the futire?

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
For what ever the reason, they just don't have the collectors interest of the earlier divers. I paid $80.00 for mine, had it serviced and it keeps great time.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Just my two cents:

The movement has the reputation not being as reliable as it's predecessors and successors (I cannot confirm that, I only have one 7002-7020 that runs o.k.).
For some the straight markers might be less attractive (at least I don't like them on that watch).
Personally, I don't like the green lume of the markers that you see very often.
For some (not for me) they might be neither fish nor fowl in terms of their age (generally speaking '80s watches are not as popular)
Cheers,

Axel

·
Registered
134 Posts
Axel66 said:
Just my two cents:

For some the straight markers might be less attractive (at least I don't like them on that watch).
Personally, I don't like the green lume of the markers that you see very often.

I agree with Axel on these points; and I'd like to add the dial is the face of the watch, to me part of it's personality. Even though the markers are the same as on a 6309-7290, it's also missing a day wheel which I find odd, just that tiny date window.

I do like that the dial depth from the glass is more than the previous models, and more like the 7s26's of today.

The things that make it less desirable to me are the too green dial markers and the date only.
I wonder if a 6105 dial would make it better?

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
To add to what others have said, while 7002's generally tend to trade for less than other seiko diver generations, $65 is kind of low for a 7002 in good condition. IN good condition they tend to be closer to the $100 range. The market is flooded with warmed over 7002's so it's quite possible that the watch you are looking at might be clean but not all original, which would explain the low price.

·
Registered
113 Posts
In any case, to sum it up, demand = price

Quality, novelty, rarity, etc etc adds to the demand and ultimately to the price.

Look at Hublot bang bang. Expensive. That shows the number of non-WIS watch lovers there are on this planet. Period.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I actually think the 7002 divers are some of the best values out there because of their depressed market prices. The 7002 model provides many of the beloved features and design elements of the 6309 and 7S26 divers, but does so for less money. Finding one with a good condition original dial (read: no the lime green lume markers) in good working condition (or better yet: recently serviced) isn't too difficult, and they can be purchased and enjoyed for less than a comparable condition 6309 or 7S26.

In case you can't tell already, I love 'em! Here are two of mine, both with original dials:

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I own a 7002 diver but must admit it is never worn just wanted one in the vintage collection.

Geran

1 - 9 of 9 Posts