The Watch Site banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
"The Prospector"
4,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this Citizen Parawater 1961 sight unseen, opps !! Dunno whether to leave it original or 'tart it up' a tad ??
What do you all think.....
Vyn

Attachments

·
Registered
6,204 Posts
Ok, now that we can see it better - "tart it up a tad" - that seems very plain as is. New hand set (Mercedes, Snow Flake, etc.) as a bare minimum or source a new non-black dial?

·
Registered
931 Posts
I like the Mercedes hand Idea ....Also for me a wristband can do the trick in a subtle way...I like Suede , Carbon Fiber with a contrasting stitch maybe , Lizard grain , or one of my favorites....Sting-Ray....Ooh-La La ..

·
"The Prospector"
4,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
all sounds good to me, now just gotta find someone to do it for me, as my hands are so shaky now i daren't risk it lol. It's a medication thing :(

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Strange coincidence, I just acquired, as part of a 'job lot', a Citizen Parawater (1970) :eek:hmy:.
Arrived yesterday and looks rather sorry for it's self. Initial inspection shows that the dial pillars appear to have vanished, along with the second hand, but the movement runs when out of the case. Anybody fancy a project? Seller's pics below:-

1 - 11 of 11 Posts